New River Valley

Discussion in 'Virginia Gun Forum' started by Crazvet, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Hey I'm Jacob I live in the NRV and looking for like minded ppl to expand my knowledge and exposure to my new favourite hobby.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Welcome fellow Virginian! There are several of us lurking around here. Play nice with the other folks, keep a good sense of humor.

BTW, a friend that is on the Veterinary Medicine faulty at VA Tech does a pretty good blog about your part of the world- and guns, hunting and fishing. Search for NRV Outdoors.

3. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Thanks, I grew up in Blacksburg so I know the vet school well, I believe I've read The NRV outdoors before. Hoping to find some like minded ppl to share info(in stock ammo, possibly other places to shoot....). It's been a struggle finding reasonable prices on .45 acp ammo.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Finding ammo in stock- pricy or otherwise- is a challenge right now. EVERYWHERE. 90% of the gun owners in the US just decided to buy 10 times as much ammo as they normally buy a year- "just in case".

Stopped by my local gunshop, gave them a paintbrush. They asked "What's that for?" Told them as long as their shelves were empty, they should paint them.

It IS getting better- be patient. 22-9-45- 5.56- .308 are ALL in short supply.