New Rimfire on the way.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by cpttango30, Feb 5, 2010.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I ordered a Mossberg M44us from the CMP. It is incomplete but that is ok I know a few places to get parts for it if I need to.

Next up in a month or 2 I would like to get one of their Kimber M 82 Rusty for $400.....This is not a Kimber of America it is a Kimber of Oregon. The company is no defunct but made some great rifles when it was going....

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

You'll LOVE the Kimber of Oregon. I have a .22 magnum model with 3 digit serial number and wouldn't part with it for anything.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

With the right ammo, it will shoot as well as you can shoot. For pieces parts, havlinsales.com BTW, these rifles cry out for a scope- and Havlin has a really good scope mount for them. Most days, mine will outshoot anything that shows up at the range.

4. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Cool. Hope you get one in decent shape. I bought one complete about a year ago and picked up some spare parts for it from Havlin just to keep on hand. Some day I may actually get around to pulling it out of the shipping box and cleaning it up. Just too many half-done projects aready, and I don't need to be starting more right now.
    (I know.... I'm bad....) :(

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I had thought about getting a benchrest style stock and picking up a Lija or Kreiger RF barrel and get another big as Nikon 6-24x50mm and make me a Mossberg M44 Super Match.

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I love the complete one I got from the CMP. Didnt know they were selling the parts ones.

I know you like the mossy's Tango, is this your first M44US?

7. Highpower

Highpower New Member

:eek:

I LIKE IT! :D

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice. I was looking at those, but I don't know anything about them. Please post up and let us know how it is. With accompanying range report of course. :D

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yes it will be the first. but I am in line to get about 75 to 100 more if my dad stops buying right now (Which ain't gonna happen).

Being my first I think I may leave it as stock as I can. Worse come to worse I will rip it apart and redo it my way.

10. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

You will love your Mossy 44US. I don't have a US, but my 144LSB (all original and mint) is the most accurate .22 I own. I love the trigger also. It shoots ragged holes at 50 yds with the peeps...........

Jim.............

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I too have a 144 lsb T-bolt. And it does shoot like a dream. It has to leave though:(

It really belongs to my dad and he said to send it on to him.