New rifle purchase

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by BigRedUSMC, Sep 29, 2013.

1. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

Just picked it up today and wanted to share with y'all.

Attached Files:

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

wow! can i shoot it?:D

very nice rifle, and congrats on getting it!:D

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Ax man is right. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Range report please.

4. Axxe55

and more pictures too!:D

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I like that a whole:Dlot! Congrats on a great new partner!

6. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

Dammmit, I want one of those! You lucky grunt SOB. I am soo jealous of you, I need to take a "time out" in the corner. Good work man! More pictures please, close ups, maybe one with a bikini clad girl:) Seriously man, good work.

Too bad they had to "neuter" the twenty round mag. How many rounds does that mag hold?

7. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

One of the best combat rifles ever made. More than likely a rifle you will keep your whole life and pass on when the time comes.

Congratulations, it looks very nice.

8. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

Wow haha tons of replies. Let me try to get y'all with one post.
    Thanks everyone for you're enthusiastic responses (sorry if you got jealous, you know who you are lol ) yes I'll have a range report and tons more pics and I'll update if I change the rifle, upgrades, stock, scope etc... The mag it comes with and was a shock to me is a 10 rounder, I had heard it came with a 5 so that made me happy. I can't wait to shoot it
    As for the babe in a bikini holding it... I'd ask my lady to do it but..... She has no idea I bought this and I plan to keep it that way as long as possible :D

9. Axxe55

hmmm.....a little blackmail material here!:p

seriously, very nice rifle! i had an M1A many years ago. loved that rifle. got lost in the divorce though.:mad:

10. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

Well you have to get another one. I think I just might try hunting with it this deer season. Iron sights only tho maybe one day ill throw a scope on it

11. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

Big Red, I think you got a pre-ban high capacity:)

12. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

You messing with me? Lol

13. howellgunworks

howellgunworks New Member

I have two M1As myself...great rifle, personally my favorite. It comes with a 10 round magazine, but 20 rounders are available for those who live in states that allow them.

Little secret.....Checkmate is actually the manufacturer of Springfield Armories magazines for the M1A....you can get those in 15,20 and even 25 rounders, and usually at a savings over the ones stamped Springfield Armory

14. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

Do you have trouble putting in a full mag with the bolt forward? I can only put it in full with it locked back

15. howellgunworks

You shouldn't have any problems putting in a full mag (yours appears to be a 10 rounder) into the gun with bolt forward.... I'm sure you already know this but the mags go in more like an AK or mini 14 with a rock back to lock. Not straight in like AR mags....

If you are still having problems try 9 rounds and see what happens.

In my experience the M14/ M1A platform need a break in period... mine functioned flawlessly after I put about 150 rounds through it.....and I shoot a lot of Wolf ammo through mine...again with no issues after the break in......

16. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

9 rounds works great but ten I can get it in with a ton of effort but forget about charging it.

17. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

You might want to check the mag spring to make sure it isn't backwards.

18. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

How would it look differently? I don't know much about mags but this one fits all ten rounds and functions. It just won't depress enough and if we're in backwards wouldn't it not function at all?

19. howellgunworks

BigRed....you inspired me to dig out the mags that came with my rifles...and sure enough I have the same problem as you do with one of them....

I'm not completely sure but to me it looks like the mag is to short to get enough leverage to rock it back and lock it properly....I hardly used the mags that came with it so I guess I never noticed that problem..... get yourself a Check Mate industries magazine, at least a 15 rounder....bet it works just fine fully loaded.... I have no explanation as to why the 10 rounder doesn't function completely

20. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

Thanks for trying it out and I definitely will be buying some 15 and 20 round mags so thanks for the advise. As disappointed as I am I can't top it off I'm still glad I have an amazing .308 battle rifle regardless. The mag just need a little breaking in