Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,,,,I recently aquired a new toy and was curious if you guys could help with some info. It is a Kars 98k .270 bolt action. After spending two days all over the net I can't find one that looks like it. I know it has a modern sporter wooden stock,but thats about it. It doesnt have the iron sights. There are very few markings on it for me to find out a year it was manufactured. Where do I look to find such information? It doesn't look like the military style but more like the Ruger American. Any info on this rifle would help.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Help,,,,I recently aquired a new toy and was curious if you guys could help with some info. It is a Kars 98k .270 bolt action. After spending two days all over the net I can't find one that looks like it. I know it has a modern sporter wooden stock,but thats about it. It doesnt have the iron sights. There are very few markings on it for me to find out a year it was manufactured. Where do I look to find such information? It doesn't look like the military style but more like the Ruger American. Any info on this rifle would help.
Pm c3 on this one. I think its a zastava action, which is a good solid action.

·
Banned
6,489 Posts
KAR 98 Mauser WWII Vintage action. This was a 7.92X57 caliber. This action was stripped from the orginal German issue rifle and made into a Sporter.
It appears to have a 1950s Bishop stock. Most likely a GR Douglas barrel. THese can be made into nice hunting rifles.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts