New rife

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by dgray64, Jun 25, 2011.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I just broke down and bought a Kel-Tec 9mm Sub 2000. Great little gun. Accurate, fun and it folds up. It will be great for varmints around the farm. Anyone here have one?

Dave :)

2. jeepdude90

jeepdude90 New Member

i saw a picture of one of those the other day. they look so bad ***.

3. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

They are. They are also very accurate and they kick surprisingly much. I've shot plenty of handguns and never noticed the recoil, but the little nine along with the action, pops you in the shoulder. Nothing uncomfortable, but it surprises you if you haven't experienced it before. I like how it folds in two and I can slip it in the carry case. Try one if you get a chance.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

How is the accuracy at longer pistol distances, 30 yards, 50 yards, etc.?

5. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Truthfully, my eyes are old. I look through the rear sight and see the big shroud of the front sight and with both centered where I want them, the bullet goes. A nine mm bullet doesn't drop significantly at 50 yards to have to aim high. At longer distances, I might have to pick it up just a little. It's comfortable to sight and shoot.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. But ...

[​IMG]

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i have tow of my coworkers that bought one. neither have shot them yet tho. worker 1 bought it simply because its mags can be exchangable with a pistol.. the other bought it because it folds lol

8. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Yeah, mine takes Glock mags so I have plenty. Sorry, with the moving around and babysitting, my camera cord got lost and I can't download the darn pictures that I have taken. When I get it figured out, I'll post a couple. Have a great day. Oh, since I'm in Ohio visiting one of my daughters for a couple of days, I'm going to try to hit MKS Supply tomorrow to look at Hi-Point carbines to see how they fit and feel. I wanted to go to the factory, but it's too far off for what we have to do and at least I can see the main supply house, I hope.