new revolver

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by ultimate-soldier5, Sep 2, 2012.

1. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

so i went camping up in the mountains last weekend and it was raining, it was a great trip, i got home started un packing and pulled out my taurus 1911, the only automatic pistol i owned, not a fan of autos always been a revolver guy, i always oil and lube my stuff regularly. i got it out of the jeep and the damn thing is rusted. all over the slide. it made me very angry. i only paid 250 for it off of an nco leaving the unit. i took it to a local gun shop and told em i wanted a revolver so they said they would gimme 325 more than i expected and i said ok well just trade me straight across for the little taurus model 605 .357 and here it is. shot it yesterday, great little revolver

Attached Files:

2. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Nice trade man. I know Taurus gets a lot of flack but they make a good revolver for the price. Enjoy it.

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Defenitly nice. I like revolvers myself also.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I lived in florida for 40 years 27 years hunting with blued guns . I allways put a good coat of breakfree clp on them and hunting in rain and get them under water a few time never had rust. Remember even SS will rust. Also I don't know if you use the plastic and foam gun case to transport your old rusted 1911 in but if you do .STOP unless you use a oiled or silcon coated rag to cover the firearm. Those thangs can become full of moisure when hunmid out if open for any time at all.
    Nice revolver

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  5. phildenton

phildenton New Member

I use automatic transmission fluid on all mine, works great.

6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman New Member

ATF??? does it shift ok??? LOL All kidding aside, I love my new Taurus .327 Mag...

7. ultimate-soldier5

how is the 327? i really would rather have the 327 cause this is my second 357. lotsa recoil or concussion?

8. phildenton

phildenton New Member

i would like to know as well, how does a 327 handle, would it be a good choice for a recoil sensitive person? say like my aging parent with arthritis?

9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman New Member

I would think so, it's ported so there's not much recoil, I would say it's somewhere between a .38sp+p and a .357. You can shoot .32H&R mags in it if the new Federal .327 is too much for the shooter.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Just to get this story straight, you traded your Taurus autoloader because it rusted/were dissatisfied with it for another Taurus?

Just askin'. :confused:

11. ultimate-soldier5

well my revolver hasnt rusted and it hasnt jammed............