New / Renewal United States Passport Application

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This is more FYI (heads up) for all, this new detailed passport application "Form DS-5513" is only a proposal. Not sure what the true version will be; but, the information of the proposed passport was made from the Federal Register "60-Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS-5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405-XXXX".

Wording that I am reading is the DS-5513 is an additional form if applicants who submit citizenshio or identity evidence that "is insufficient or of questionable authenticity". Most people will still be able to use the standard short form. We Hope! Government is always chhanging one thing or another.

New Passport Application Asks for Insane Details

Federal Register | 60-Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS-5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405-XXXX

Sample Proposed form:

http://papersplease.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ds5513-proposed.pdf

2. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

So do I have to produce a Birth Certificate? Oh wait...

3. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

[​IMG]

4. Car54

Car54 New Member

My daughter and I went two weeks ago with already prepared forms. When we handed them over, we found out the forms had changed as of March 1st so we had to do them over again with the new form.

Re: Details, all we had to put on the form was the cities/states the parents were born in and a couple other small things but it wasn't bad.

One thing I didn't like is they keep your birth certificate to send it in with the application with assurance they will mail it back separate from your passport..

Also there was a price increase, I think it was $110.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Yeah that bothered me as well, what if I needed it for other purposes while waiting on them, what if they damage it? However they did mail it back in the same condition it was sent.

Also just as a side note, passports are not made during a government shut down which is coming up this Friday potentially.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I do not recall being asked for THAT much information when applying for a TS Clearance.

But I DO have my passport...........

texas-passport.jpg

If that does not work, try this one.....
    TheUltimateSpecialForcesPass.jpg

7. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

That would make air travel much simpler I would think.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got a passport atm it expires in 3 years im not going to bother renewing it. since australia has worse gun laws than the US there is nowhere to flee to :(

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Don't forget a tinfoil pouch to keep the RFID info private.

10. Bigcountry02

Same here! When I was applying for my TS clearance and the renewal. Also, when I applied for a government passport; but, that years ago.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Did any of y'all click on the passport photo to enlarge it? :p

12. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Aye. :cool:

13. Car54

Car54 New Member

My daughter and I both received our passports in todays mail. Our birth certificates also came today in separate envelopes. 3 weeks and a day, and we were told 6-8 weeks. Not bad for government work.

14. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Does this mean Obama won't be able to renew his passport?

15. Car54

Car54 New Member

Does he have one? A real one I should add!

16. Bigcountry02

This has being talked about on the web and not just from conservative sites; but, even the liberal.

I have posted the following link and a their comment how the got the DS-5513, they asked for from the contact information in the Federal Registrar.

Papers, Please! » Blog Archive » State Dept. proposes “Biographical Questionnaire” for passport applicants

[P.S. - To those who have been wondering if this is a hoax: We understand that it may seem fishy that the State Department chose to publish a notice in the Federal Register that it was proposing a new form, but didn't publish the proposed form itself in the Federal Register. But that was their choice of how to proceed, not ours. We were sent the proposed Form DS-5513 in March, in response to our request, by the person identified in the Federal Register notice as the point of contact from whom it could be obtained: Alexys Garcia, GarciaAA@state.gov, 212-736-9216. We immediately published the form we received from the State Department here on our website. There's more at the links in the sidebar on who we are and how to contact us, as well as links to press reports on our previous work and current projects. You can also check out the other co-signers of the comments we submitted to the State Department. We're for real, and so is this proposal from the State Department. We wish this were a hoax, but it's not.]

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I guess I won't be renewing my passport when it expires as I have no intention of giving anybody my birth certificate. :cool: If the old passport that they issued me isn't good enough than too bad. ;)

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am renewing right now and NOWHERE in the 4 pages of instructions or the two page official renewal does it say anything about my birth certificate being required.

Again.

NOWHERE in ANY of the forms!

More tinfoil BS! :mad:

It's $110 money order, a two page info form about you and a picture. You are required to send your expired/expiring passport back with the application however.

JD

19. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I just renewed, no birth certificate required. I sent them the application, my old passport, and $110 and had the new one in hand and the old one returned within 5 weeks.

20. Bigcountry02

I remember initially getting both my civilian and government passport I had to give my birth certificate.

When I renewed in Germany at the American Consulate, I did not have to give up my birth certificate.

I have gone to the Department of State website, looking at the forums; but, since the comments have been closed as of midnight 25th April 2011. We are going to wait and see what comes out of this issue.

I do not have to renew my passport until 2014. It might be a good thing and might not!

One of our newly elected Congressman is having a meeting locally, will ask him on this matter. If they do force the biographical for any issue upon us, I for one will not be able to fill 1/5th of the information, all of my family are not living.