New remington 870 express.

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Zamzow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Just bought a new Remington 870 express Sunday. Can't wait till my 10 day waiting period is up.

Attached Files:

2. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

Good reliable gun with lots of aftermarket accessories. This was my first shotty, second firearm I ever owned.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

3. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

Great gun I've had one for years, sucks about the waiting period, you must live in one of the more commie states

4. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Yeah bull **** California. The worst for gun laws.

5. longunner

longunner New Member

Not anymore unfortunately my $hit state NY takes the cake I think.

6. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Yeah think u might be right about NY. Well at least California is no longer first place. I'm happy with NY taking the lead for a while. Lol.

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

enjoy. I have taken mine deer hunting (slugs), pheasant hunting and grouse hunting. it is also my backup home defense firearm (3' XXX buckshot)

8. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

My thoughts on buying it also. Great gun to hunt with great for home defense.

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'll never buy another Remington product as long as they profit off the misery of the people of New York, and pay taxes into a corrupt, illegal, and illegitimate New York government.

I urge you all to do the same.
    There are better shotguns out there.

10. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

What. Where do u get that info from. I would like to look into those accusations for myself before I believe anything.

11. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

What state a manufacturing plant is located in and the fact that said state has passed ridiculous anti American gun control laws in the last week hardly makes that company's product sub par. There is nothing wrong with the 870 express it is an affordable well made shotgun. I doubt boycotting a gun manufacturer because they are in a certain state would have any impact on the opinions of an extremely liberal state house and gov office, and if you are going to boycott them perhaps you should at least give them time and see if they are going to move, 4 days is hardly enough time to pick up and move an operation that size out of state.

12. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

What "accusations?"

That Remington is in New York?

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/blog/2013/01/rough-day-for-remington.html?page=all

That there are better shotguns?

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/gear/2007/09/top-5-pumps

That New York passed a stupid gun law thats the worst in the nation?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/15/ny-lawmakers-approve-gun-control-package/

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I have an 870 express among many other shotguns. I love it. Let me repeat, I love my 870 express.

However, I refuse to do business with a company that makes a profit selling guns to people, which the residents of their own state, INCLUDING their own employees can't own.

ESPECIALLY, while they pay state taxes, which fund that government.

Sorry, I can't do it, won't do it.

Furthermore, It sickens me to think that a police force would now be using Remington products, and money taxed (taken) from Remington, to be used against people for owning products that were legal yesterday, but could land them with a face full of 870 express buckshot, from a NY LEO tomorrow.

If ONE gun owner in New York is jailed, harassed, forced to sell their property (magazines, guns, whatever), or killed because of an anti gun state law, I myself, refuse to provide that state with one red cent...not a penny.

14. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I totally don't get how you blame Remington for this. They didn't pass the law, they are subject to it as you are to some laws I am sure you don't agree with. Ruger is in Connecticut, are we supposed to boycott them as we'll? #confused

15. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Furthermore, I would much rather see that company pack up, leave, hurt the economy and come to a pro-gun state to do their manufacturing.

Come to south Carolina, we'll GLADLY take a thousand jobs here, less taxes, and we won't ban your product. I hope you're reading this, Remington.

16. 45JMB

45JMB New Member

Yeah California gun laws do suck and sucks that NY passed those obsolete laws. Why are people sheep? They blame guns like they did it themselves. It's like how that quote goes "a sword never killed anyone it is simply a tool in a killers hand"

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I am NOT blaming them. I understand it is not their fault...now. But if they continue to operate in that state, then they are willingly paying thousands, if not millions of dollars into the New York political machine, through taxes... If I buy a Remington product, now MY money goes to that.

If moron, DB, POS Cuomo takes a taxpayer funded trip to DC, or makes ONE phone call on a tax payer funded phone, and discusses ANYTHING regarding his support for a nationwide gun ban...Then I helped pay for that. Ain't going to happen.

I'd rather see Remington burn to the ground and the earth be salted in its place.

18. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Furthermore, this is the ONLY legal way we have to strike back. These "politicians" need to know that if they pass crap like this, their businesses WILL LEAVE.

If we do not sacrifice Remington at the altar of the nation, or force them to move, then "politicians" will be emboldened to do what they want.

And yes, Fox news is on my boycott list as well...unless they do the right thing and leave New York out of principal.

19. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Good grief. Light the fuse and train the guns on Fort Sumpter, again! But don't expect a Virginian to want the honor of firing the first shot over THIS! Remington's headquarters is now in North Carolina. No doubt if the move was economically warranted they would move the manufacturing operations, but suppose the skilled technicians don't want to move? Lots of gun owners live in California and they hate the state's position on a lot of things, but they don't move because of jobs, family, whatever. Beretta USA is in Maryland, what do you think of them? I think you are using too broad a brush friend. Not everyone and everything who lives "behind enemy lines" is our enemy.

20. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Agreed, fully. But I will not contribute my tax dollars to the erosion of rights. I've emailed Remington over this matter. They know where I stand.

870 is a good shotgun, you made a good choice. I apologize for derailing this thread.