New remington 750,comes with rust!!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by lyman53, Aug 5, 2011.

1. lyman53

lyman53 New Member

I just received a new remington 750-308, and theirs rust spots on the barrel,Also the recoil pad looks like a kid installed it,It doesn't line up with the but of the gun.REAL POOR WORKMANSHIP!!!MADE IN USA.what a joke:mad:

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Do not shoot it. Contact Remington and insist on a replacement. You bought new and got neglect. Be sure to include the dealer's info.

3. alxltd1

alxltd1 New Member

Send it back. If you bought through a local retailer return to them for a refund until they can replace it with an acceptable piece. There is not excuse for that type of poor quality.

4. lyman53

lyman53 New Member

I contacted remington and their having me ship the gun back to them for replacement or repair.Thanks for the concern

5. lyman53

lyman53 New Member

If you think they don't care,try missing a payment:D

6. bighosscat

bighosscat New Member

I went to my LGS to buy a Kimber Raptor Ultra in stainless recently. She had a rusty barrel, which is apparently common, and rust on the slide. NIB for $1200+ complete with factory installed decay and corrosion. The LGS and Kimber didn't get my money that day.

7. alxltd1

alxltd1 New Member

I cannot remember ever picking up a new piece with that kind of issue. Looks like quality control is going down hill across all the makers. Then again you may never know how long and in what conditions the wholesaler, if it were obtained through one, or the retailer kept the piece before selling it.

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Kimber's will rust up in a heartbeat.They're great guns,but there is something going on with all of their finishes.I have seen a lot of rusty ones.

9. ron12301

ron12301 New Member

I'm glad I read this thread I was considering purchasing a Kimber , maybe not now. Poor quality control does seem to be an issue with more and more products of late.