New remington 308 threaded...

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by cotex, Oct 8, 2013.

1. cotex

cotex New Member

As at Wally World the other day picking up supplies for the kiddos and swung by to see if Any ammo looked good and saw a threaded Remington 308.
    Leaned In a bit closer and got interested. Cool looking stock and did I mention it was threaded,
    Any thoughts price tag on it was six something.

Tex

2. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Sounds like it may be the 16" barrel "tactical" with a gillie green hogue stock. A great suppressor host. Good adjustable trigger. The stock if you take it off may be a bear to reattach.

3. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

It sounds like a Remington tactical and all of those that I've shot have put up some pretty impressive groups. If you're really interested then find out the model number and do some more research. :)

4. cotex

cotex New Member

Sorry guys and girls it is a 300 blackout model, not sure if i want to go that route, ar maybe but dedicated short barrel threaded bolt gun????? Torn kinda,,,,, need a little help getting decision made here,,,,

5. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

What do you want the gun for? :)

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The 300 Blackout will give you the greatest ballistic variety compared to any caliber, including the .308. If you choose an AR, you can still use a 300 upper. But if you want to get the most of your suppressor, get the Remy.

7. cotex

cotex New Member

I have a 22 silencer and I wanted to buy the gun to motivate me to get one of those high-end titanium cans

8. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

I owned that exact rifle not to long ago. It is such a soft shooter with great groupings. I didn't really want to sell it my my old buddy in the marines offered me a thousand dollars for it because he couldn't find it anywhere else( came with the scope I had on it, rifle bag and ammo) but yeah don't let that one slip away. Beautiful rifle and what a performer. Might just get another one myself.

9. cotex

cotex New Member

Ok done then! I'll go pick it up and start researching high end cans....

10. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

May I ask what they're asking price wise? Oh and with a suppressor you'll probably love that rifle more than all the rest. Quiet as a BB gun

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I have never used a suppressor. I thought they required subsonic ammunition?

12. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

They don't require subsonic ammunition but work much better when it is used.

13. cotex

cotex New Member

I've got a gem tech outback II and the hot rounds it make some noise, loud but not bad. With some of the subsonic stuff out there it's like, the sound you make clearing your throat and the spitting noise at the end. Some say like a phone book remember those, a phone book being dropped.
    The rem. .300aac is just under $700.00. Thinking thats it a 100-200 yard gun with the quite stuff. Small scope might be nice, maybe something in the trijicon flavor. Looking at the new one they've got, A 1-6 variable looks interesting.

Tex

14. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

This should be quieter than that mysterious phone book thing lol but seriously it should be much more quiet. As far as trijicon goes you can't go wrong there. Awesome optics