new range trial with the '06

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by n8ball, Sep 25, 2011.

1. n8ball

n8ball New Member

Been working on getting back the 250 yd range my dad cut out when i was a kid. Conveniently had loggers go through our place so they made the old range there skidder road and opened it right up except for a few trees i have to drop. i brought the '06 over to my barn, got a bench set up to shoot out the back window, and shot about 125 yards with it into a 1/2" metal plate. my first 2 sets of 3 are 1.5" groups, not to bad, i put'em in the same hole at 50 yds, my fifth shot i aimed at the rope holding up my plate, see ya. didnt bother to hang the plate back up and keep shooting, why fix what aint broke!

The recipe for this rifle is a Hornady 165 gr BTSP backed by 42.2 grs of IMR 4064, wlr primers in a federal case

I haven't chronographed the load, should be somewhere around 2300 to 2500 fps, maybe 2200 ft lbs
    cant wait to have it open to 250 yds!! the dark spot in the middle of the fourth pic is where the plate was

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice range, nice shooting and beautiful scenery. :cool:

3. fmj

fmj New Member

Jealous am I....i want a backyard like that!

4. n8ball

n8ball New Member

Lol, trust me, there's not a day that goes by that im not thankful for what we have here. Now i just need somw bass in that pond lol!

5. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Good shooting and great spot to send some ammo down range. :D