New Python is out!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by bluez, Jan 1, 2020.

1. windjammer69

windjammer69 Well-Known Member

I am seeing that Colt is recalling Python's, it looks to be a specific batch. At this time only 100 guns.

bluez, Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  2. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Been reading some of the same. As I recall, one major distributor had to send back 100 still in his inventory.

3. windjammer69

Hopefully they get everything lined out, I was planning to purchase a 4.25 ". I was about to purchase the King Cobra target, when they announced the release of the Python.

Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  4. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I am still planning to buy one when I come back to the US. Also in 4(ish) inch.
    Even though I also like the King Cobra target which is also in 4 inch and with a better grip than the Cobra. That is also not a cheap revolver but lighter..

5. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

The only way I will own one is it will be a gift to me.

6. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Me too... I’m poor

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Colt needs to do bit more to earn my business.

8. windjammer69

After doing some research, the troubles that have been reported may be operator error.
    The new trigger mechanism requires that the trigger be fully released, any short strokes will not rotate the cylinder.
    The report I reviewed showed that the trigger has two noticeable clicks in the full release. These are the mechanical operations of the double action to reset the mechanism to rotate the cylinder, and the hammer. If the trigger is not released all the way it will not go through the complete cycle of the double action trigger. Short stroking can, if enough pressure is applied, lock the cylinder, making even opening difficult.

9. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

My GP100 also has kind of a long stroke..
    Even so.. if this is the issue maybe they ought to shorten the stroke..

10. windjammer69

I am by no means an expert, but I tend to forget after shooting my simiauto, that if I am going to double action my revolver that I can't try to feel the reset, I have to completely release the trigger.
    I will admit that I very seldom double action the revolvers, I always pull the hammer to the full cocked position, with my finger all the way off the trigger. I was wondering why these people where double auctioning the revolver all the time, I don't do it much at all because I realized that I had to fully release the trigger anyway.

Rifling82 likes this.
  11. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’ve always thought shooting a Revolver in double action helps me practice a nice smooth trigger pull, help me focus on keeping steady

Wambli likes this.