new product

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by wrightbuiltarmory, May 20, 2012.

1. wrightbuiltarmory

wrightbuiltarmory New Member

I have become a ROYAL PURPLE
    synthetic gun oil dealer
    This full synthetic oil is not affected by temperature either 50 below or 150° temp this oil will not freeze your bolt on that cold hunt and will reduce barrel temp for competition shooting. Comes in a 4oz aerosol can for $10.99 or a 2oz oil bottle for $6.99 i helped royal purple come up with the application because i have used it in my rifles for the past year. It will not boil off like KG. And unlike CLP it will not run off
    Cleaning just wipes off that's it
    This weekend i Chronographed several strings with and with out oil
    I found an increase in velocity and a lower case pressure using the same loads

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yep, been around for a while. Good stuff but not as inexpensive as buying a quart of Mobil 1.

royalpurplegunoil.jpg

4 oz. ~$10.00 = $2.50/oz.

[​IMG]

32 oz. = ~$7.00 = $0.25/oz. (but it's not an aerosol)

3. wrightbuiltarmory

I hope your not using. Regular motor oil in you're weapons. It is too thick will increase pressure reduce velocity and possibly cause catastrophic failure
    Gun oil is specifically made for weapons

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

You are talking to someone who has been using motor oil in his guns longer than you have probably been alive and has had no problems what so ever as far as I know. My mentor has used it for twenty years w no problems also and he hunts in some of the worst places/times known to be great hunting

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

5. wrightbuiltarmory

You maybe OK with that on bolt and trigger group. But your noting your bore right?

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yes even use it down the bore. Mobil one is the same oil you used for your weapon in boot camp. They just said it was some special oil.

7. wrightbuiltarmory

The marine corps has a contact with CLP i don't know about other branches

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

When I was in boot a few years ago we used motor oil

9. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

My father was a Marine DI and he always taught me to use motor oil, i've never had any problems with it.

10. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Exactly. My mentor started using it in Vietnam and has never stopped. Ya there's other stuff he uses more often probably but motor oil is still a big one

11. PlaysWithZombies

That's where my father learned to use it. I always figured since it worked there, under those conditions, it's dam sure good enough for me.

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Kinda my thought process. My confirmation came in Saskatchewan in Nov when it was -5°f. My rifle never malfunctioned once.....everyone else used rem oil and their rifles hang fired or didn't even snap. If they did it wasn't hard enough to make much of a dent in the primer of the round

13. wrightbuiltarmory

1 no barrel mfg will tell you its OK to use motor oil in any barrel what so ever and yes they have been using motor oil since the 50's and before but loads have more pressure now then then ESP in ar15 family
    2 i have been running Chronograph test for the past year
    Check for your self your velocity will drop 2-300 GPS with the same load using any motor oil synthetic or not

14. PlaysWithZombies

I don't care what mfgs say is ok, i care what the people who use and abuse say is ok, what my personal experience, and the experience of people who have eaten dirt say is ok.

I don't doubt the product you're selling is good, and i'm not in a position to argue or agree with your tests, but i'll stick with the methods that i know work.

15. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

It does work well....just not worth its cost to me.

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I don't use Mobil 1 motor oil in my bore.

I blend my own. Cane's "Mobil Mystery", 90% Mobil 1 / 10% Marvel Mystery.
    [​IMG] + [​IMG]

And yes I do use cane's "Mobil Mystery" in all my bores from .22lr to 11.6332mm. [​IMG]

17. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Royal Purple is good stuff.

I use Castrol or Mobil 1 full synthetic. One quart mixed with a half quart of synthetic Transmission Fluid.

Been using it for decades with no issues. And I clean oil from the barrel before using the gun. Oil in a chamber is never a good idea.

18. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Me and my mentor remove it too. Then again OP would probably also say that diesel should never be used on the metal parts of a gun either.

19. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Cane,
    I've always mixed mine @ 80/20. Has always worked great for me...

Jim.......

20. wrightbuiltarmory

The OIL IM selling is made by a motor oil company but IT IS NOT motor oil
    Its pure gun oil like KG, CLP, MONTANA XTREAM
    and many others