New Pro Football League

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mercator, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I think it’s time. The NFL has no exclusive rights to the American public. It acts like it does, but in fact it is ready to face competition. A pro league with a code of conduct, including no monkey business pre-game or in the end zone. (Did you know there’s a showboating penalty in the NHL?)
    I’ll watch the new league. I think it’ll have sensational ratings at first. Then it’s up to the league. What are they waiting for?

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

It would be a great time to start it.

3. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

There’s been two new leagues start up in the past few years, they never seem to catch on

4. Mercator

The NFL must be having financial problems. Huge contracts, untouchable woke players, no ticket sales, tv audience down despite covid. Nobody at work talking about football.

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

The big money comes from TV contracts, so the NFL is somewhat insulated in the short term. Time will tell how much the networks will pay in the future.

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  6. Mercator

Speaking of TV, I wish Fox would man up and drop this clown show.

7. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Where will you find that many pro-grade white athletes?

8. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

First of all IMO it will be only a matter of time before some companies realize they are being politically Black Mailed in supporting them. Several supporters dropped out las week and in one poll they lost 10% of their recent support due to the violence they are involved with. And in another 42% now disapprove of them. But in the meantime I will not support any team of any league or sport that bows for the National Anthem or displays open support for BLM at any sporting event. There are other things to watch! And things I like to do!
    So until they come to their sense they can pound sand!;) A good example is there are openings on NASCAR Teams for 2021. But Bubba Wallace doesn't have an offer for a ride! Wonder why! Obviously the teams are not going to make any open comments because IMO the P*S would sue them.:rolleyes: Remember the Garage Door Closer Rope! Hangman's Noose?:p Simply BS!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  10. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

oh great, another football league :rolleyes:

just something else for me to ignore and not watch
    [​IMG]

Sniper03, primer1, alsaqr and 2 others like this.
  11. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

All professional sports have been dead to me for many years then they made me HATE them even more with their recent bubblegum (bad words)...:mad::mad::mad:

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. Rifling82

It’s definitely crazy, the chiefs QB signed a contract this off season... 45 million a year

Sniper03 likes this.
  13. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

NOBODY is worth that kind of money......any sport, any company, anywhere PERIOD.

$45 mil = $5136 + change for every hour of every day that year. :eek:

14. Rifling82

I agree 100%

15. Rifling82

16. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You ask the wrong questions ! How many hundreds of thousands will never get the chance ? It's possible you haven't even seen close to the best !

towboater, Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  17. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

In the age of streaming video, they could probably fire up their own production of the show and distribution of the video. Fire all those evil money-wielding entities that are attempting to control what they do. They'd be free. Put their vids up on a streaming service that charges pay-per-view fees. No complex television or cable contracts. Easily seen by everyone everywhere (for a small per-view fee). Might well make more money that way, too.

And if they wanted to become (remain) the Wokeist Network of Pampered Millionaires, that'd fully be on them. No need to kowtow to finicky advertisers. They could "thumb" everyone with full confidence, then. If they wanted to get back to professional athletics and excellence, that'd be on them.

Competition might help.

So would communities coming to their senses, with these multi-$billion "deals" to bow down to a league that can't support itself.

18. Mercator

Other things to watch? Like what? I was forced to watch more sports by the steady decline of everything else.

19. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

I like to watch old movies, you know when Hollywood made great movies, not like now where it's all nothing but "special effects" and people are so stupid they think that is a "great movie":rolleyes:.

I'm talking about movies that has a story line, a plot etc....

TCM has some of the great old movies, and no commercials interruptions.

Mercator and alsaqr like this.
  20. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Bingo. i've never watched an entire NFL game in my life. Ditto for baseball and basketball.

Caught my most "conservative" friend watching an expensive NFL game after his rants against "liberals". He: "But i've got to watch something". Me: " Go sit in the blind and watch hogs: Hogs have more sense than ball players".

Most of my TV watching is crime stuff.