New "Pocket Rifle"

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jeepcreep927, Jan 4, 2011.

1. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

This is the latest. I have wanted one since I was a kid and this one was a good deal. Got it from the original owner who purchased it new in 1963, the first year of production! Serial number block is consistent with a 1963 model. Former owner figured he had less than 200 rounds down the barrel. If anyone has an idea where to find factory open sights could you drop me a line? I checked Numrich, no joy. I'd like to put the sights back on for aesthetics only .

Attached Files:

2. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Great handgun! Is that a .221 Fireball?

3. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Yeah, it's a .221 Fireball. I have been trying to figure out some loads for it. I have some 2400, 40 grain VMax and 50 grain TNT's that I think I will start with. I'd like to stick with lighter bullets. Any thoughts on powder?

I would like some decent velocity but accuracy is my goal. I know you can't really "hot rod" the Fireball, especially out of a 10.5" barrel. Saw some pretty impressive numbers out of rifles with Lil Gun though and was wondering if it is fast enough for good burn in the short barrel.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011