New pocket knife for work.

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by bigbomar4, Feb 5, 2013.

1. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

My CRKT MY TIGHE finaly got dull for the first time after almost a year of work. This is by far the longest any knife has lasted before getting dull for me. Yes I will sharpen it and keep using it. But I am thinking about retiring it since the assisted open spring is also starting to get weak.
    I am looking for suggestions for any knife that might last a little longer. I am a heavy diesel truck mechanic and sometimes my knife has to be used as a scraper, screwdriver, prybar or hammer so I need something tough.
    It needs to be a folder with assisted open(sometimes I can only get one hand on it), a three inch blade or longer, partialy serated, and have a pocket clip.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Depmandog

Depmandog New Member

It sounds like your knife, aside from a weak spring has held up remarkably well. I know of no knife that maintains a suitable sharpness for me after one years use. Sounds like you found a keeper. Perhaps you will replace your current knife with the same brand.

3. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I have the same knife. It lasted a long time off the factory sharpening. But now you and i are in the same boat. Let us know what you decide on. I am interested to know.