New pocket holster doesnt properly cover trigger, should i be concerned?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by TheNYResistance, Nov 17, 2012.

1. TheNYResistance

TheNYResistance New Member

I got a pocket holster for my ruger lcr and while it is pretty good material and retention is great, the trigger is mostly exposed. Is this something I should be concerned with?

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would be concerned. You would hate for it to go bang before it clears your pocket.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Can you post a pic? I'd like to see what you're talking about.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yes, be concerned. In fact, don't use it at all. Get another one.

I would be willing to possibly risk it with a belt holster, DEPENDING on the gun it carries (I'd be willing to carry a 1911 on a string around my neck, that's just how safe I feel with them).

But this is your POCKET. Lots of potential for things to go desperately wrong.

5. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I would be very concerned about the holster not covering the trigger. In struggle the first thing you are going to do is "clench" I don't care how well you are trained. Not to mention all the lint, sawdust, and other garbage that is going to get into your gun.

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

If you already have all of the children you want, don't worry about it. Otherwise you might want to find a safe holster.

7. TheNYResistance

Sure,

image-1174349690.jpg

image-2000713326.jpg

The first photo is the gun holstered as intended, I even saw the photos online with it that way. Not sure how I missed that when I ordered it on amazon,

The second photo is how I carry it which is backwards, it is awkward this way though, the trigger is mostly covered this way, but I still don't like it.

8. Donn

Donn Active Member

An exposed trigger is never a good idea, but if the trigger pull on your LCR is anything like my Bodyguard .38 revolver, I doubt you'll ever have a negligent discharge.

9. TheNYResistance

It is pretty damn long ang heavy, but it still freaks me out, got a nemesis coming in the mail.

10. TheNYResistance

Much happier, got it in the mail today.

image-2054736087.jpg