new pistol

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by nwokhunter, Mar 28, 2009.

1. nwokhunter

nwokhunter New Member

Looking at buying my first auto looking at 9mm for price and availability. Looking at S&W m&P ruger sr9 and cz phantom since I'm new to autos I have read alot of reviews. Looking for a gun for home defense and to carry in vehicle when traveling. What do you guys think

2. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Buy the one that fits your hand. Shoot them all if you can, then decide.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

+1 on handling/shooting as many as you can. Find the one that fits and you will be more likely to get proficient with it. Of the 3 you listed, I would say M&P. If it fits you, you can hardly go wrong.

4. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Read Rant!

Robo, I think the man should go to your rant thread, and re-post:p:D:p:eek:

5. WDB

WDB New Member

+1 on Robo's input.

6. Conradm

Conradm New Member

My nod goes to the SR9. I just picked mine up thursday and I've had it at the range everyday since. To bad they're closed tomorrow. :p

I couldn't decide what handgun to get for the longest time... It was between glock and XD. I didn't even know about the SR9. Then one day I saw it in the case and noticed it was $60 cheaper than the glock so I asked to hold it.... I was blown away at how slim it is. :eek: It just felt so natural in my hand. I wasn't quit sold on it at that point, but once I had read a few reviews and watched some youtube video's I decided to get one.

I've got a little over 200 rounds through mine now without a single failure. It is a delight to shoot. Accuracy is easily on par with any glock or XD I've shot. Recoil is also very mild compared to other 9mm's I've tried.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009