New pistol time and I am leaning this way....

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by tcraig23, Apr 22, 2010.

1. tcraig23

tcraig23 New Member

Right now it is Sig Sauer SP2022 (51) and Beretta 92FS (49) in my voting but it is too close to call right now folks. I have always wanted to get a Beretta 92FS and it feels good in my hand but I have always wanted another Sig (I know it's polymer) but it also feels good in my hand. I own other similar DA/SA guns and wanted to add just a go to the range fun gun. Maybe take it out in the woods and plink around. So here we go, Sig has a better price, magazines are better, it is lighter, it has an accessories rail and a different grip option. Beretta.....I think I have made my decision unless you Beretta guys want to try and sway me and I mean that with respect and could use some more insight. Thanks for the long read.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I've owned both and the Beretta will have much better resale value but both are good guns. The poly Sigs do not garner the "respect" of the classic P series - but since you have a P226 listed - I expect you know that...

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'll agree with that. The used (CPO) Sigs I've seen were not near where the P series weapons price wise. But I guess if you are not looking to get rid of it any time soon it wont matter. Who knows..They might change later. I do like Sig better than Beretta overall though. I've yet to see a poor performing Sig Sauer yet.

4. tcraig23

tcraig23 New Member

I did not buy the Sig Sauer SP2022 because it was the same price as a brand new Beretta 92FS at the gun show so I purchased that. I am thrilled with it and I will be shooting it tomorrow. I cleaned it today and it is good to go.

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Did you get the Inox? I like the looks of the 92FS Inox.
    [​IMG]

6. tcraig23

tcraig23 New Member

No, for some reason I only like all black guns.

7. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Being the GI issue gun for the last, what 25 years, and will be for the forseeable future, the 92 is a good way to go for everyone. I see no down side to having a gun that matches up to the military issue. There are better carry guns, better target guns, guns of less weight, etc, etc, but that doesn't matter. I would like everyone to have an AR and a 92 in their gun safe. In a worst case, SHTF situation, having the option to interchange with military parts and supplies could be important.

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Good choice. When I was looking for a 9mm I too had it narrowed down to a Sig 226 and the 92FS. I went with the Beretta for several reasons one of which was price. A 226 round these parts goes for about $900, the 92FS was on sale for $600 with 3 factory mags.

Excuse the poor photography I need to update this pic...

[​IMG]

9. tcraig23

tcraig23 New Member

When I ruled out the Sig Pro 2022 and decided on the P226 or the 92FS, I saw a 226 on gunbroker.com for $740 total out the door, it was tempting but I wanted to go to the show and leave with a gun today and got the 92FS for $640 out the door.

10. tcraig23

tcraig23 New Member

Well I just got back from taking the new Beretta to the range. I fired 100 rounds of RWS 124gr. FMJ 9MM from Walmart. I love this gun, not one failure at all, VERY accurate, and smooth as glass. I highly recommend this full size 9MM if you happen to be in the market.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010