New pellet gun.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Daxil, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Daxil

Daxil New Member

I just bought this Benjamin trail NP break barrel pellet pistol. It was $75 with tax included.I got it a 4x scope for it and I have zero it in.I have shot various things with it and it is pretty powerful. I plan to use it for pest control to prevent pest in my garden. Now,do you think I could hunt small game with it? For example rabbits and or even a raccoon? Would 625 Fps be enough? ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1397417908.521099.jpg

Mosin Nagant,5 rounds is all I need.

2. phildenton

phildenton New Member

depends on the caliber of the pellet, and the legalty where you live. rabbits maybe, raccoon not so sure.

3. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

I'd say 625 is a little low for a raccoon. I'd be using a good quality air rifle, for an animal that large, with around 1000fps. I had one of those little pistols and it used to bounce off squirrels at 25 yds lol. Fun though.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Air pistols are not so great for hunting. Air pistols will kill rats of all kinds. But game is usually out of range for a 650 fps max shooter. Air rifles are very adequate hunters. The avg velocity for an air rifle is 1,000 fps. If you can get within 15 yards of small game an air rifle will get the job done. People do make longer shots with an air rifle but it requires a perfect head shot to down the critter.

5. Daxil

Daxil New Member

It is .177 caliber pellets.