New Para 45

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by PoPos9, Dec 18, 2010.

1. PoPos9

PoPos9 New Member

Hey Guys, PoPo here, just wanted to let you all know that I got a new toy today. A para 45 model LTC. A very cool gun, I got it used, but it is in real good shape. It only came with one mag, 7 round. Do any of you know where I can find a spare mag? Does it have to a para brand or just a full size 1911 mag will do with 7 rounds?
    Thanks
    Mike

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Any mag that is made for a full-size 1911 will work. Nice gun, one of the few Commander sized 1911s with a bushed barrel...

3. PigPen

PigPen New Member

if it is a full size 5" barrel single stack .45acp any full size single stack 45ACP 1911 magazine should i prefer wilson combat 8rounders keep in mind some pistols like different magazines hope this helps

4. PoPos9

PoPos9 New Member

New Para

Thanks guys, it is a 4.25 in, still thanks for the help.
    Mike

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Congrats on the new gun Mike

But come on, really man... where are the pictures. :eek:

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Although "just any 1911 mag" may work, don't go cheap. Always buy the best mag you can afford.

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Is your LTC an allot frame or steel. Just curious. You can use any 1911 mag that will go into a government 1911. Same thing with grips. I've had one for years and it's one of the best pistols I've ever had. It's a Commander length pistol so if you order parts like recoil springs etc you will want to remember that. I've carried mine for a few years now and trust it 100% I got to where I was going to sell one of my Commander length pistols and sold a Colt to keep that one. I still feel I made the right choice. Love to see a range report:)

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. The LTC is a good pistol.

9. russ

russ New Member

I have a full size Para GI Expert and it works great with both the factory mags and the Chip McCormick mags I bought. Tripp Research mags are supposed to be the very best, according to the 1911 gurus here.

BTW, congrats on the new gun, and
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  10. PoPos9

PoPos9 New Member

Pictures of Para LTC

Here you go, please forgive the quality, camera phone.
    Thanks
    Mike

Attached Files:

11. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Nice looking gun I just purchased a Para OPS. I haven't had a chance to hit the range yet.

12. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I just got the 745 ssp in covert black. Its at my dealer in KS while I'm stuck in Cali:(