New paint!!!

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by coba29, Oct 15, 2011.

1. coba29

coba29 New Member

What y'all think?

image-2303449223.jpg

image-2293676546.jpg

image-4022302455.jpg

image-974862716.jpg

2. snyder77

snyder77 New Member

3. towboater

towboater Active Member

Guess I should tell ya truly how I feel.
    I think it is ugly.

But kudos for trying.

4. coba29

coba29 New Member

Lol thanks man it's okay If it's ugly...
    Apparently this high heat paint doesn't come off with heat but it does with sweat. I do agree with you i wasn't that satisfied with the Color it looks different and the texture was not what it said it was.... Anyone know about any good paint that doesn't rub off?

5. ahole

ahole New Member

duracoat but you need to heat it when curing. if you dont heat it at a round 120 to 150 degree for 4 to 5 hrs during the cure time then its just going to rub off

6. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

I have used a auto engine paint called VHT Engine Enamel that after it is baked on it is almost impossible to get off. I did a test piece of steel before I used it on my gun & after baking I scrubbed it with a rag soaked in acetone, there was just a little scuffing but the finish was solid. I put it on my gun and haven't had any problems with it. Here is a link so you can read more about it.

VHT Engine Enamelâ„¢

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Have you done any sustained fire with the new paint?

That barrel gets REAL hot after a couple mags.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAohtjG14c&feature=player_embedded]Burning AK47 - 300 Rounds & on Fire - YouTube[/ame]

8. Werminator

Werminator Member

I have been dreaming of putting together a tactical AK for a long time. Underfolder would be a huge bonus to me. In other words, you had my dream gun before the paint. Paint looks ok but if it were me, I would have stayed straight black or black and tan/ brown/ OD... With that said, it is nice to see someone who is both proud of his weapon and not afraid to really make it one of a kind..

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Probably great camo for a night urban environment...

I think it's a great pattern, bro.

10. coba29

coba29 New Member

Thanks guys I did love the pattern while it lasted I say that because it rubbed off so I decided to remove it all as you can see below....

I did do some sustained fire with it with about four mags, with that being said the paint on the barrel was alot harder to remove then the rest of it.

I will be looking Into that engine paint to see if maybe I can get some red with that brand and if I can you will most definitely be seeing the pattern back on hopefully alot cleaner and I pray to god more durable....

And yes I would highly recommend a tactical underfolder I feel it beats wire-folder or collapsible stocks any day when it comes to function of the stock and conceal ability. But that's just me

image-1326763638.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  11. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

That is a good looking underfolder! cobra
    The engine paint works good, here is my AMD65 with the engine paint that I have done a few drum mag dumps through.
    No problem with the paint.
    [​IMG]
    With this paint the hotter it gets the more it shines.