New owner of a XD45

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Atrawick, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Atrawick

Atrawick New Member

I recently received a like new Xd45. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Any upgrades or mods worth doing? Thanks!

2. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

shoot it first before you start doing mods. you will probably find that the xd's almost never need anything changed. they're great pistols right out of the box and unless you're shooting competitions with it, it will probably already be everything you need it to be and more...

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I had fiber optic sights installed on mine so I could at least see them without my glasses. :eek:

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

this

and possibly this if you must make a mod.

5. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Congrats. Springfield makes a very nice pistol, I now have 5 of em and love every one lol

6. Atrawick

Atrawick New Member

Thanks for the quick replies! I will run some rounds through it. Glad to here its a good gun.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  8. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I bought some extra magazines for mine and some ammo. I did chunk that stupid plastic loop/wannabe holster.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Just when you think you've seen every "lets make a buck on stupid ****" idiot has come up with :confused: :p

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lmfao. Just what I want my gun bouncing off my junk while I'm dropping a deuce. This guy obviously doesn't know what a good carry belt is.

12. Atrawick

Atrawick New Member

Lmfao! I think I will pass on that one. A 1911 is certainly in the future! Speaking of holster's. What is a good one for the XD45. Mostly CC.

13. chazzy

chazzy New Member

I have a Blackhawk shoulder holster that is very comfortable and concealable in colder weather, then I just recently got a Max Tuck holster from White Hat Holsters....it's similar to a crossbreed but you buy additional kydex for the max tuck for different guns without having to buy the whole holster itself. It takes a little getting use to, but after a while it becomes a part of you. Good luck, and congrats on your new xd45

14. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

ammo, mags, fiber optics, pachmyer combat grip slip on :D

15. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

I have a left hand pancake holster from Blackhawk. Makes me feel like CIA