New Ohio Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

New Ohio Roller Coaster

So do any of you Ohio folks know if this is a real coaster?

Because if it is real I may just have to take a trip to Ohio.

I love a good roller coaster.

Attached Files:

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Attached Files:

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Last picture says it all...

Attached Files:

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

It's not new. A couple of years old. It is at Cedar Point, America's Roller Coast. There are more coasters there than at any one park in the country.

I have yet to ride that one, but it goes from 0 to about 120 in just no time. The one in the background is damn sweet too. Gets to around 100 on a warm day.

At one time they had the world's tallest, fastest and steepest metal, wood, stand-up and under-rail. :D

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

We have a great park for coasters out here called Six Flags Magic Mountain.

They have a coaster called X. I rode it a few years ago and nearly crapped myself. That is the first time since I was a kid that I was actually scared on a ride.

Scared me almost as bad the second time.
    :D

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I think I need to make a trip to OH.

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

FTF road trip. Woohoooo

How many coaster guys we got?

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Are there any boats involved? I finally saved up enough to replace my BB gun, don't want to lose another.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

The wife and I used to go every year to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. The bank she used to work for would have their annual party there. Free tics, free food and beverages. It was the shizzle. We always waited for the front two seats for everything.

Google Cedar Point and witness some of the most awesome coasters around. The Millenium reguarly gets voted as the countries best coaster by those coaster enthusiasts. The one in the picture is called Top Thrill Dragster or something like that. The ride lasts only seconds.

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Not unless you want. It is on the shores of Lake Erie.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Lets just say If I can squeeze my fat ass in the seat I will ride that mofo. I have been to plenty of parks and I must say Cedar Point EFFING ROCKS THEM ALL Like Kiss would rock the Backstreet boys.

Disney World ain't got nutin on Cedar Point.

12. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I live in OH, never been to cedar point though.
    Kings Island has some good rooler coasters now that you mention it. It has the worlds largest wooden roller coaster and a new one called the diamond back. Both are really fun and exciting.
    IMO, if you guys go you should hit up Kings Island first (it is in Cincinati) and then go to Cedar Point the next day. That we you get an all around awesome roller coaster trip. I might even finish the trip up with some fishin in Lake Erie, but that is just me of course.

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Lasts long enough to empty your bladder!:eek:

Attached Files:

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That probably happens during the start. 0 to 120 in under 5 seconds, I believe. The last time I was there, it was down for maintanence. :mad:

15. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

These are a few pictures from the X coaster here in LA.

The first drop (first picture) plunges you face first right at the parking lot.

They aren't kidding when they ask if you have heart problems.:eek:

Attached Files:

16. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I don't do roller coasters as a general rule. I made the mistake of getting on the wooden one at Fiesta Texas a few years back. It wasn't too bad the first time around. When we got to the end, the bar to let me out wouldn't release. I had to go around 2 or 3 more times before I could get off the danged thing. When I did get off, Scubie ran, I was not happy with him. It was his fault I was on it in the first place.

17. orangello

orangello New Member

^^^LOL, smart man to run.

I haven't been on a roller coaster in some time & probably won't be. The last time was when some friends visited about a week after i totaled my ford exploder. I probably should've left the neck brace on, but i didn't think they would let me on the ride. :rolleyes:

18. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

19. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Damn. THat is two seconds faster than my Gixxer would do it... :eek:

20. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member