New milsurp magazine on the news stands

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by JWagner, Sep 11, 2013.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

The new annual (?) magazine is now on the racks at the bookstore. I have not read it yet, but it looks pretty good. The cover price is $10, and it has 130 pages covering a nice variety of guns. Check it out when you are at the magazine rack.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Got a name for this mag? Is it "Recoil", or their sister prepper magazine?

I've got the prepper mag. Really enjoy it. Have read it through several times. These two have the thick cardstock converts just like a paperback book.

3. RickOShay13

RickOShay13 New Member

I like that mag , Recoil . I have an issue with "how to build an upper" anyone know which issue has "how to build a lower"?

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Been getting recoil since #1,..also get it online now for half price($3.99)...

5. RickOShay13

RickOShay13 New Member

I really enjoy reading this mag just wondering if you seen anything on building a lower. If you have please let me know what issue. I know there are videos on building a lower but I am old school I love reading it. Thanks

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

I remember recoil supporting the last senate gun ban effort.... I believe an editor saying something along the lines of no civilian should have semi automatic firearms.

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Who in their right mind would way something like that when they're in the gun industry? He shot himself in the foot.

8. JWagner

JWagner New Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. DrFootball

Jon, that editor is long gone! The current Ed. Is a Brit expat who shoots in three gun on a regular basis.

10. DrFootball

Yes I have seen it, almost bought it today infact, I would have if not for all the Ammo my Wally finally got in that was actually in the case at 12 noon when we got there! Clearly the Ammo won out. Wife now calls me bullet boy, and ammo man! Bought 3 times this week in 3 different vendors,...

11. indy36

indy36 New Member

I have a Shotgun News that covers how to build a lower. PM me your address and I'll mail you the pages.

12. RickOShay13

RickOShay13 New Member

13. jammersavage44

jammersavage44 New Member

Got this magazine mainly to read up on the PU snipers but then realized that I have several of the guns in here! Fascinating to read about them and also added some more guns to my long list! lol. Well worth the money for collectors.

14. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Awesome. I'll have to look for it. I got last year issue and I've read it a good 6 times. Some great info, even though they glorified Mitchell's Mausers. But I'm glad to see they put the Enfield in it. I'd like to see the MAS 36 and the Arisaka in the next issue. Looks like a good issue. Thanks for the heads up.