Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to stop in and say Hi for my first post.

Glad I came across this forum -- I'm surprised at how few truly useful firearms discussion boards there are.

So, after a few years of slacking off, I recently got off my rear end and filed the NJ firearms paperwork. I'm happy to say that it went through and I'm now able to purchase and own guns in NJ. This is one of the more draconian states with regard to civillian gun ownership, so believe it or not I'm rather proud that this went so smoothly!

I'll apologize in advance for any silly questions. I fired a good number of rifles, pistols, and shotguns as a kid, but now 20+ years later, I'm deliberately approaching my gun purchases and uses as if I never fired anything. I'd rather start small and "learn from the ground up" than charge ahead thinking that I know what I'm talking about.

That said, if there are any other forum members that are familiar with the circumstances in this state, I'd love to get some advice about the best places to go for buying, learning, and shooting. What might seem simple in other states can sometimes be drawn out and frustrating in NJ.

Cheers!

--Joe

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome to our forum Joe, glad to have you around!
Please enjoy it :p
Feel free to ask anything, this forum is full of people willing to answer, there's no such thing as silly questions, remember that we are talking about firearms and any error could be fatal.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
WELCOME sixminus1(Jim), glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Joe - Welcome to the forum. I grew up in NJ, but have been living in California for quite a while now. Good to have you around.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome Joe,
Lots of good people here and expect some in your neck of the woods will be able to answer your questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts