Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everybody. JW from Northern AZ here. Just wanted to introduce myself. Nice to find a forum that is an actual app, in lieu of having to use the browser on my iPad. I'll check, but does anyone know if it is also available for android? Thx and I look forward to visiting and hopefully posting, often!

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Welcome! Always great to have more from the free state of Arizona!!!

·
Premium Member
14,335 Posts
Welcome from a Zonie in LHC. I have an app on my Galaxy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the welcome Guys...
Found the app fir the Droid, so now i can check in from the ipad and the phone...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK..., so, I was able to open up the lap-top tonight & look around the site, start a couple of "looking for holster" threads, read through the new user "rules and regulations", etc... Now, for a little about myself.

Again, located in Northern AZ (Flagstaff to be exact), born & raised (40 years) here, self-employed (commercial general contracting) and an avid outdoorsman. I can't tell you the 1st time I shot a firearm, but I know for a fact that I shot (cleaned, cooked and ate) my first cottontail rabbit when I was 8 years old.

I don't consider myself an extremist, but a hobbyist and collector. Not a prepper, but more prepared than a lot of individuals. I've been fortunate enough to have hunted not only in and around Northern AZ and the southwest, but across the states (Texas, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico & Kansas), but also in Saskatchewan & Quebec as well as Africa.

I have a 6 year old daughter that received her 1st Daisy BB Gun this Christmas and she has already plugged through her 1st round of Zombie Targets. I also got my nieces the same rifles & we had a great Christmas day passing along this wonderful pastime. Between my brother & I, we ended up w/4 little girls..., and for the time being and/or until they decide that they aren't interested in firearms and shooting, they seem to be very excited about our days in the field.

So, that's it in a nutshell... Again, I look forward to this on-line community and, again, I can't express enough how nice it is to have this forum available on my iPad & Droid for mobile interaction. Any questions, please feel free to reply to this thread. If not, I look forward to browsing around, posting, replying, debating and the interaction of it all...

Have a safe & Happy New Year!!!!!

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Welcome from the Wild Western Borderlands! Nice to have somebody who uses the app and can pay attention to grammar! Makes for mush easier reading.

From what I understand the app lacks some of the features you can use with a laptop so keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. I'm on the Android app, so feel free to shoot any questions. Az is a beautiful state, I've been there twice to visit family in cottonwood.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thx guys...

Already read the new member sticky threads...
And, already a life member of the NRA (& SCI), but I will take another look at the Gun Owners Of America.

Happy New Year!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts