New mark 3 jams every few rounds..wtf?

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by HGwarhawk, Dec 29, 2012.

1. HGwarhawk

HGwarhawk New Member

Every few rounds the brand new gun jams, what is it the mag ammunition or gun?? New to firearms btw

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Probably ammo. What ammo are you shootin through it?

3. HGwarhawk

HGwarhawk New Member

Remington .22 lr that's all I know it is.....................zz

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Get some CCI Mini-Mags. That gun is to good to be running Remington crap through.

5. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Aaaaaand there's your problem. Remington can be good in certain guns, but is generally hit and miss.

Try Mini-Mags, or Fiocci ammo.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Try different ammo. Also you said your new to guns, did you clean it before use? Often companies put extra grease on new guns and this can cause jams if not cleaned.
    If after cleaning and ammo switch there are still problems contact ruger. They have great CS.

7. HGwarhawk

HGwarhawk New Member

Just cleaned it and ill be sure and use different ammo next time around, thanks guys!

8. jmohme

jmohme New Member

My 22/45 will jam frequently when I use Winchester bulk. It does much better with Remington, but have had a couple of FTE's with that.
    Some guns are just picky about what they are fed.

My local gun shop recomended CCI mini mags, so I got 300 rounds and will be trying them next.

9. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

The first cleaning from the factory is a must. But I don't clean my MK II often, it seems to like that.

10. mayoted

mayoted New Member

CCI mini mags for my 22/45 it loves them no problems at, but I did give it a good cleaning when i first got it last month

11. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Bring it to a gunsmith & have all the BS Mark III safety stuff removed until it is as reliable as a MK II. Then replace sights n install VQ accuracy kit - n your done...:)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013