New M4 contract goes to ... FN!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Quentin, Feb 23, 2013.

1. longunner

longunner New Member

Ill take all the old colts if they don't want them :D

2. homelessguy01

homelessguy01 New Member

What happened to Remington? Is it because freedom group is for sale?

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Remington won the M4 bid a year ago but didn't account for the proper royalties to Colt. Colt challenged and killed the contract. FN won this contract and probably will keep it since they have tons of experience with the M16 contract. Many never felt that Remington was up to this, to build a real M4 they'd have to do a whole lot better than a rebadged Bushamster.

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Man I need an FN lower, that would be awesome.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

here you go ... FN FNX-01 civilian issue lower receiver (rare)

I'm afraid that's about as close as most of us will ever get to a civilian FN lower.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  6. niteglock

niteglock New Member

That lower is fn sweet!!!!!

Would be awesome if they made one that had the safety stamps say Safe, Fire, FN Auto.

7. indy36

indy36 New Member

Question...Why is that lower any better than one made by Daniel Defense?

8. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I like it just because of the FN insignia

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Why are any others better than any others? People just like the different stamps.
    Id rather have a snake or spider on mine than a butterfly or bunny rabbit. Lol.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Good FN is more knowledgable in this platform anyway and produces a better weapon IMHO.

11. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Colt's gonna have some excess production capacity soon.
    Watch for the availability of colts ot increase.

Maybe since now they will not be married so much to the carbine platform and start producing mid lenghts.

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

FN is a premier armsmaker.

I wrote to them a few years ago and asked for an AR-15 to be produced.

THEY WROTE BACK THAT THE GOVERNMENT DEMANDED, AS PART OF THEIR MILITARY CONTRACT THAT THEY REFRAIN FROM PRODUCING THE AR-15 FOR THE CIVILIAN MARKET.

I wish there was some way that could be challenged in court.

13. Sam78

Sam78 New Member

Wow! Our government really trusts us, don't they?

14. climate17

climate17 New Member

The non-civilian thing is easy to interpret as anit-gun. It's actually just logistics. They don't want civilian input to effect the weapon choice. It's actually much less political for them that way.

15. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'll take as many of the Colts that the military doesn't want as I can afford. Maybe now Colt can innovate and build a carbine with a folding front sight, one piece trigger guard (Colt 6900 series), cold hammer forged barrel (team up with DD), and use the improved geometry bolts (LWRC and JP Enterprises). More awesome, reliable, inexpensive carbines and rifles for us lowly civilians.

The military can have the FNH USA carbines and rifles. FNH makes quality stuff and I don't care who has the contract so long as they make GTG weapons for our military and police.

I really want Colt to come to Texas so the company can be as free as it can from the clutches of the evil libtards. While we're at it, I wish we could send all the Kalifornians back to their failed state to help keep Texas free. Colt, MagPul, and Texas go together like peas, carrots, and Jennay.

Eye may not be uh smart maan, but I know what Colt iyuz.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Feinstein is proposing that all snake, spider or other "scary" rollmarks will be banned. Anyone who has a scary rollmark must have it removed and replaced with a bunny, daisy, daffodil or ladybug. Roses cannot be used due to their having defensive thorns. All black rifles must be destroyed or colored white with pink polkadots.

17. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I hope Senator Feinstein does not think ill of my little pony carbines. :p

In any case, I think the camas or oleander are appropriate flowers for the AR-15.

18. AR10

AR10 New Member

They trust me more than I trust them!

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Perhaps. But it infuriates nonetheless.

I may be mistaken, but I honestly believe that FN can fill military contracts to MilSpec, jump through any hoops the bureaucracy imposes, and still turn out several thousand civilian AR-15s per week the same time.:):):)