New M&P9 owner - Mixed feelings

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by E-Rez, Apr 23, 2012.

1. E-Rez

E-Rez New Member

I owned an M&P40c in the past, and regret selling it. I loved the gun so much I figured I'd get an M&P9 fs. Long story short - it chambers fmj "ball" ammo fine, but it really beats the snot out of hollow points when chambering them. They slam into the feed ramp pretty hard and get slightly deformed. Makes for a not so smooth action. If I ease the slide forward it will just about hang up when the round impacts the feed ramp. Never had this horrible feeding with the 40. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I don't have any issues with my 9C and hollow points, but I only have about 100 rounds of HPs through it.

3. E-Rez

E-Rez New Member

The thing is it cycles HPs fine. It's only when I do administrative loading that I notice how unsmooth it is. Maybe I shouldn't complain...

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'll try it next time I'm on the range but always practice towards a scenario i.e. fast reloads, double taps, etc. Practice how you play so to speak so I don't admin load at all. IMO as long as there isn't any FTF, FTE issues and shoots every time I pull the trigger I'm a happy camper. BTW how do you admin load? I was taught that it's loading a mag while the pistol is holstered so you wouldn't be pulling the slide back.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  5. E-Rez

E-Rez New Member

My definition of admin loading is anytime I'm loading the gun for the night stand or carrying it. For example, I just came in from the back yard plinking with it, now I have to load up my HPs in it.