New lower

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Quentin, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Thought I'd make a new thread about this as well as putting the picture in the lower receivers thread...

Anyway, I was at my favorite LGS and saw this Valkyrie Arms lower and couldn't walk out without it. I'm not much in to zombies and skulls but liked this one. Was on sale for $100 so $106 out the door. Normally they sell it for $135 so I thought it was an ok deal.

I understand it's made by JD Machine of San Diego.

Also picked up a Daniel Defense LPK, been wanting to try one out. I put much of the LPK in my S&W lower with the DD upper. Gotta say the milspec trigger is fairly crisp, though a little heavy. More than acceptable, better than most I've tried. The Stag parts replaced will go in the Valkyrie lower.

Not sure what I'm going to do now except build up the lower. I have an A2 stock and kit I've been wanting to play with so it'll go on this.

Valkyrie left
    [​IMG]

Valkyrie right
    [​IMG]

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

3. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Nice snag. I like the looks of it!

5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Somehow this just seems appropriate!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvLCptAHT8]R. Wagner, Ride of the Valkyries / Apocalypse now - YouTube[/ame]

:D:cool::D:cool:

P.S.: If you aint Cav, you aint sh*t!!! (just HAD to say that)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Nice price on that Valkyrie Arms lower Quentin. I have heard good things about their quality and fit. :cool:

7. Car54

Car54 New Member

Nice, I like the rollmark.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Thanks for the video clip, Snake! Haven't seen the movie in a long time but I do have the DVD so will have to soon.

Funny, when I first saw the lower that name instantly brought back memories of that scene. How many times do you think of Valkyrie over the years, but when you do that unforgettable music and video jump to the forefront!

Can't argue with that! Robert Duval was the MAN in that scene.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Finally got back to the Valkyrie lower... so here are some pictures with an A2 stock and ArmaLite upper.

Valkyrie/A2 left
    [​IMG]

Valkyrie/A2 right
    [​IMG]

Valkyrie/ArmaLite/Nikon left
    [​IMG]

Valkyrie/ArmaLite/Nikon right
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Valkyrie/ArmaLite/carry handle left
    [​IMG]

Valkyrie/ArmaLite/carry handle right
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking I should move the A2 stock to my ArmaLite lower to use with the ArmaLite upper. I like the look and the Valkyrie can have the M4 stock kit.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

BTW, I should mention the Valkyrie lower is a lousy match finish-wise to the Daniel Defense upper but fit-wise it doesn't get any better.

The DD and S&W finish are a great match and fit pretty well but not as well as the DD/Valkyrie. Even so, the DD and S&W will remain married as a rifle.

The ArmaLite upper is a better finish match to the Valkyrie lower and they fit well but not as well as ArmaLite upper and lower.

So now to start thinking about an upper for the Valkyrie! :D

12. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Great pictures Quentin! :cool:

13. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i like how it says cal. multi... instead of .223 lol hahaha

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Looking good.

15. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Thanks guys! Always fun to build another lower... and you just know it will morph into a complete rifle soon! :p