New life near Eugene OR

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by tac foley, Jul 3, 2020.

1. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Viking, Multnomah County was a problem for us "Southerners" when I lived in Klamath Falls a long time ago. Sadly Portland pretty much runs the state. I wish Jefferson would get some traction.

Mongo and schnuffleupagus like this.
  2. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

The sporting good location is Mazama Outdoor sports, or it might be Mazama Shooting and Fishing - both the same HUGE store [well, by the local standards here in YooKay].

I've never been know to leave empty-handed, bearing in mind what I CAN buy and bring back here is limited by your wacky ITAR*.

Better yet is that it's a scant 50 yards from Carl Junior's burger place....apart from Roakes in Portland, the only place I know of that makes burgers to my liking, apart from the roadside place down near the Steens where we stopped one time. I'd happily have moved in right there and then.

*Categorically NOT an opinion, but a statement of generally-held truth.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020

3. JTJ

4. tac foley

There are traces of the Mt Mazama eruption in Manitoba!!!

Rifling82 likes this.
  5. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

It is a sight to behold, seeing the Mazama crater (and region) for the first time, isn't it? Makes the 1980 Mt. St. Helens eruption seem like a firecracker explosion, by comparison.

I've always wondered when some of the other "sisters" in the region are going to go. Mt. Lassen, Mt. Ranier, Mt. Adams, Mt. Hood, ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JTJ

They have blown before and will again. There are towns in the path of the pyroclastic flows. If you are near any of them and they start acting up, Get Out!
    I was living in Pasco WA. when St Helens blew. Animals were acting funny and would not come out of their shed. I went down to see what was wrong when I heard it blow. Then the animals came out. That was 144 miles away. The volcanic ash cloud was unbelievable.

towboater likes this.
  7. tac foley

Think I might start a new thread, maybe not here so much, since most of us have no connection with the PNW. The thread will be about historical, actually PRE-historical events that have made you think hard, and maybe even wonder, about the land in which you live - namely North America.

Two rules only -

Rule 1. Nothing must be more recent than BC/AC, that is to say, the year 0 AD. Or, as some call it, BCE - Before the Christian Era.

Rule 2. It must be based on historical and/or known and established scientific facts. Myths and legends and folklore may be included if they are connected to an event/occasion that is known to be within the scientific remit, like, fer'instance, the OA [Orginal American] folklore stories concerning the Mt Mazama eruption, which a local native American legend ascribes to the activities of the old god, Tlall, surely one of the longest folk memories on the planet, as we know it, Jim.

Wojja think?

towboater, JTJ, ellis36 and 1 other person like this.
  8. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Bring it on!

ellis

JTJ and Oldoutlaw like this.
  9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

10. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

I lived there for a short while tac .
    Fell in love with it the first day .
    Like a lot of places the politics can't outweigh the beauty . I went to kennawick Wa. after there & to me it was leaving heaven to go to hell ! :p
    Hope you have a good stay there ...... some times you have to look real hard to find good people ...... but they are there . Like most places :)

Oldoutlaw likes this.