New life near Eugene OR

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by tac foley, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

bluez likes this.
  2. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'll put it out in the open, too. I never originate PM's to mods for any reason.

Winds didn't help with her "Leave manta alone! He has every right to......." scolding a month or so ago. It gave the impression she had his back and his posts became even more egregious.

ellis

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020
    bluez, Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.

3. Oldoutlaw

I have to agree ellis. It simply amazes me how much trolling is going on.

bluez, Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

That is why we need to self identify on the amount of trolling each member welcomes. :p

Trolling can be fun between consenting adults. :)

schnuffleupagus and ellis36 like this.
  5. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Tac has taught me a lot, I look forward to his posts, and click on them as they appear.

I don't consider Manta a troll, his only flaw is he massively underestimates the political dimension of things in this country that should not be political. The china flu should not be political, but everything about it is. He seems to trust the "experts", but the "experts" in this country have an agenda they want to use the panic for. Not his fault that isn't obvious from 3000+ miles a way.

TimKS, ellis36, towboater and 2 others like this.
  6. ellis36

I have to admit that sometimes I participate in a pissing contest with manta.
    Then, like eating a quart of ice cream at one sitting...I swear to myself I'll never do it again.

ellis

towboater likes this.
  7. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My trolling motor over-heated a while back, and it's been locked up until I see fit to release it. :eek:

towboater likes this.
  8. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

tac is an honorable man who chose to come to America, if only for part-time, because he loves this land. His skills, knowledge, experience and honesty are those we should be happy to have in this forum. He also has some very honorable family heritage, should any care to research, and seems to carry on the fine and honorable family heritage, without touting it.

He also likes model trains!!!

9. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

If some want to be ignorant to another forum member that's up to them. But do not use me as a excuse for your ignorance. Manta said this, he did that its like being back in primary school. looks like some want to make the post about me, but that was not what the thread was about. I suggest if some want to continue wining about me, start another thread.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    locutus likes this.
  10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Can you interpret/define yUK for me? It might reduce my ignorance.

11. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Not sure to be honest. :)

12. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Just dont let him sentence you to wearing the green shoes!

Screenshot_20200704-130945_Chrome.jpg

13. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’m reading through this and Still have no clue what’s going on, did he move to Oregon?

14. Oldoutlaw

No! He has a place there and they come here often to visit for a time. Covid has messed travel up for the time being.

towboater, ellis36 and Rifling82 like this.
  15. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks Outlaw, I’m not the sharpest, I must have missed something

towboater and Oldoutlaw like this.
  16. ellis36

I appreciated the info also.

ellis

Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  17. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Just visiting

ellis36 likes this.
  18. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

Thank you Gentlemen, all. I guess this is a bit like any family gathering, one where you can't choose your relatives, and where we can't all love each other all the time.

I try hard not to ruffle feathers, or to stroke anybody's fur the wrong way, but sadly, sometimes it's going to happen - in each direction.

Often here, we are like a couple of people on two buses, driving down the same road, and heading for the same destination. We look at each other, through our respective windows, and then move on.

Other times, we are on the same bus, just sitting across the centre isle and it's all easy.

So let's agree that we'll accept the differences between us, and the way that we do things, or are made to do things - that's the way it is, and none of us, on an individual basis, can change it.

Have a great birthday of your great nation, one that is close to ALL our hearts.

19. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

For all I know I may have Manta on my ignore list, anyhow, all I can say is that a lot of people here in Oregon consider anything from Eugene north to be far left land, on the other hand, there is a really great firearms store in Eugene that Lars Larson advertises on his conservative radio show. Another thing is that Eugene is where we got all of our solar backup systems, so it can't be all that bad. We do, however, avoid Portland like the plague and consider it the San Francisco of the north, along with Seattle.

20. Oldoutlaw

Welcome back my friend!

Rifling82 likes this.