New Liberty 24 Gun Safe

Discussion in 'Gun Safes' started by Budasac, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Budasac

Budasac New Member

I just started shooting back in July and bought my first safe. I was going to get a little mini fridge size safe for the 2 pistols I planned to buy but, I decided follow the old "bigger then you need" rule and bought a 5' tall 12 gun safe. More then I'd ever need right?

Well, today I scored a 24 gun safe on clearance with an additional discount for being the floor model. The best part is that my buddy had wanted to buy my safe because he liked the led lighting set up in it, so he gave me $400 toward the new one. I could still fit plenty more in my existing safe but, I have 2 more pistols coming and want to get into shooting clays in the spring so a shotgun or two will join the group.

Plus I couldn't pass up the big yellow "clearance " sign. (I know, I'm a sucker). In the end it cost me less then $100 out of my pocket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice safe and at an awesome price.

But its lonely. You need to introduce it to more guns so it isn't so lonely anymore.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Nice. What state and store were you in?

4. Budasac

Budasac New Member

I haven't loaded it yet ;-) . I just put the rifle in to see how much more space I had in the new one. In the smaller safe the rifle wouldn't fit sideways with the scope mounted (no mag). With the new safe I can fit it with an extended mag inserted.

[​IMG]

I have to order some LEDs and wire up another set of lights now but, overall I'm stoked. Double the space for $77 is a deal in my book.

Lowe's in NJ. They were showing online that they were sold out but this was my local store and I saw they had the floor model still. The only blemish I could find was the "Liberty" decal was partially torn off and it had no paperwork.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  5. Budasac

Budasac New Member

How's that? A little better now?

Attached Files:

6. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Thats a great deal you got there Budasac :)

7. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd kill for a clearance sale deal like that! And floor model discount on top of it? I'm gonna bang it up anyway, why do I need it to be perfect? :D

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

Gettin' better.

:D

9. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Great deal. My buddy bought the same one a couple of months ago. The ones Lowes is selling in it's place are not nearly as nice. It will fill up quick.

10. Budasac

Budasac New Member

They did have the new models there that they will be selling. I forgot the brand but they looked cheap. I'm very happy with my find. And even better my buddy is very happy with my old one.

I'm now in the process of building a small gun room in my basement. It's basically my utility room (which is concrete on three sides) with a heavily framed wall with plywood on both sides and a solid door with electronic deadbolt for quick access along with a 7' reloading/gunsmith bench.

11. AaronMulligan

AaronMulligan New Member

Nice safe especially the price. And it looks more even better filling the safe with those gun accessories. I might look soon for a "yellow clearance" sign too. :)

12. Budasac

Budasac New Member

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it. It should last me a while before it's all filled up. Should be picking up my next pistol in 2 weeks (need a little more cash). It's either going to be a CZ75 or a RIA 1911. Once I have the cash in hand I'll take a ride to the LGS and see what jumps into my hand.

And yes, it looks much better with some stuff in it.
    [​IMG]

I also sectioned off a corner of my basement with a wall with plywood screwed to both sides and a heavy solid door with a digital deadbolt for added security and to keep the kids out of the gun stuff.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  13. Budasac

Budasac New Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  14. johnjohn

johnjohn New Member

The only thing wrong with safe companies is they advertise a safe as "12 or 15" gun capacity or whatever. But overlook the fact that they mean "unscoped". When you mount a scope your rifle takes up needed space. That's where the "buy bigger" comes in.;)

15. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

Nice.... I used to have one just like that but sold it after I donated everything in it to an auction for charity:)Dpsec modified remark). They are nice indeed. And yes, any scoped rifle limits the space for additional boomsticks. Takes like at least 3 men and a fat wheel dolley to move the beast though.