new lefty bolt gun

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by powg, Jan 16, 2013.

1. powg

powg New Member

I have purchased a savage flcp-k .308 ....this is my first bolt gun and am waiting on optics to arrive ..Nikon 4-12 bdc .cant wait for some range time and the next opportunity to do a little hog /coyote hunting to get me by til next deer season.From what I've read this rifle is sub moa. The gunsmith at the store set the accutrigger to break at 3.5 # .Any forum shooters familiar with the savage law enforcement series rifle? info would be appreciated

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Savage heavy barreled rifles are very accurate.I have a safe full of them.
    Your rifle has a 1-10 twist barrel,and will shoot almost any weight of .308 bullet. I shoot 155gr-210gr bullets out of my 10FCP.
    Not knocking your choice of optics,but there are far better choices available.Nikon uses dark coatings on their scopes,and you will lose hunting time in the morning and evening times with them.They do make a quality scope for the money.
    You probably won't like the muzzle brake,and it's not needed on a 308.If you want to take it off,just purchase a knurled thread protector to cover the threaded barrel end.
    Enjoy your rifle!

3. powg

powg New Member

savage bang bang

thanks bud ....I bought it because of articles i've read best value in accuracy, reliability , and most important Availability ..its a very harsh market ! thanks again

4. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I have the Savage 10FLP. It is the left-handed version of the 10FP. I don't have a real expensive scope on it but this 50mm Bushnell works for me. With my loads I can shoot dime-sized groups at 100 yards easy enough.

Attached Files:

5. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

What in the hell is wrong with that poor gun the damn bolt was put on backwards lmao

6. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

YEAAAH.....!!!
    Left hand rifles are for limp wrist, mouth breathing smelly mothball no talent moonbats.

.........I shoot left..........sounds of crickets.......:rolleyes:

7. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa damn

8. Cheeseman

Cheeseman New Member

You talkin to ME? MAN????
    I happen to be a Southpaw, and do not resemble your vision of same. If this is a serious comment, I have serious problems with it!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. Txhillbilly

I happen to love the bolt being on the wrong side,LOL! But I do have plenty that don't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 3-4 more somewhere in the safe,just don't have any pics of them stored.

10. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

"serious comment"?... ha ha ha...I've been shooting LEFT for going on near 60 something plus years......HELL YES I'M Serious!! Bwaaa ha ha ha!!! It was a self inflicted joke...simmer down :D:D

Txhillbilly ~ where'd you get that thumb thru...that's purdy!!
    [​IMG]

11. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

fat fingered this one. :rolleyes:

12. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I just got a new Ruger Scout LH. I just got through hand lapping the barrel, and mounting my 12X scope (to test accuracy and work up loads). I will let you know how it does. It will eventually have a 1.75x6 Leupold on it!!!:D

13. Txhillbilly

Stocky's Stocks used to carry them. Boyd's made them for Stocky's.
    All of the LH stocks were sold unfinished,so I had to do all the finish work on it.It was originally inletted for a sporter barrel,and I enlarged the barrel channel for the heavy barrel.

Boyd's is supposed to start producing LH stocks for LH actions in Feb. 2013,but they will only offer them in a couple styles from what I've read.

14. Cheeseman

Cheeseman New Member

Ok, just a tad sensitive about bein a southpaw I guess