Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Nice choice. I like the Kimber pistols and have owned 3 over the years. I still have two of those. ;)

As for a holster, what are YOU looking for? Inside the Waistband? Normal? FBI Cant? Kydex? Leather? What suits your needs/tastes the most?

JD

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
I believe I have a Blackhawk SERPA style for my 4" that is OWB and features their level II ( I think ) finger retention system. I can't seem to find it in a quick search, but I will post a picture tonight of it and get the name for you if you like...

JD

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Yeah, I have tried about everything out there, including an awesome Milt Sparks custom, but I won't turn the knife and show you that one. :p

Here's teh Blackhawk, but I was wrong about one thing, it does NOT have the Level II finger release, it is only the Level I with the screw retention system, but I took the picture with my unloaded T3 in the holster, hanging upside, so you can see that it works. That one should go here:

This one is the C1310 from Blackhawk, and I believe it is built for the full size, which I also have and occassionally carry. I am trying the paddle, quick on-off style that came with the unit at the moment. Turns out I too hate it, but I needed to try it for myself before I believed all the internet hype. :D

Attachments

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
And here is a a couple of the other units I have tried: Like the Galco small of the back horizontal and the Nighthawk Brand Yaqui Style:

They are both gathering dust at the moment in the back of the closet.

JD

Attachments

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Both my leather rigs are FBI Cant Open Top as well. I really prefer that on my hip, it just feels natural. The Blackhawk in the picture is actually set up the same way with the self adjustable screw set.

I don't know of anyone carrying a 1911 with the leather strap between the hammer and slide, but to each his own. *shrug*

JD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.