New Kentucky concealed law passed

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by 1turkeyhunter, Feb 21, 2014.

1. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

http://www.whas11.com/news/Kentucky-Senate-OKs-concealed-guns-in-bars-246454201.html

** FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) -- The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill that would allow concealed deadly weapons to be carried into bars and alcohol-serving establishments, so long as the carrier does not drink.
    ** The bill's sponsor, Republican Sen. John Schickel of Union, says that while the bill strictly prohibits those carrying concealed weapons from drinking, the bill does not contain a provision that would allow a bartender to know whether a patron is concealing a weapon.*
    ** Opponents of the measure, such as Democratic Sens. Reggie Thomas of Lexington and Morgan McGarvey of Louisville, say that while some of the bill's clauses on gun safety training are admirable, they are concerned about alcohol and gun safety.
    ** The bill passed out of the Senate on a 30-4 vote.

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

30-4 Huh? Sounds like you guys don't have much a problem with idiots in your state Senate.

A step in the right direction.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

3. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

seems cut and dry to me. guns and booze do not mix. (we won't talk about deer camp lol)

In my state you can carry in a bar and can have a BAC of .04. That's like half a beer for some folks.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

True they don't mix. Hence the provision in the bill for sobriety.

I'm sure some will drink anyway.

But I still think its a good bill.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

5. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

No kidding right? Want to send some of those officials up north so they can slap some sense into our representatives haha.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

6. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I think it is a good bill too.

7. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

I myself dont drink, but its nice to know that if I wanted to go hang out with some buddies at a bar, I would not have to worry about disarming. Glad to see Ky is not back stepping like some states.

8. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Good for you.......Seems like most States (states rights) are waking up to alot of things...Federal Govt is bloated/over reaching / out of control...I see trouble on the horizon...Texas will probably lead the way.

9. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

South Carolina legislature passed a similar law this year, and the Governor signed it. So now one more restriction of our rights has gone away.