New Jersey Gun Owners Needs Your Help!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Midwest, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Midwest

Midwest New Member

New Jersey Gun Owners Needs Your Help!

"NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AMMO BAN & MORE!

A588 would enable the Attorney General to ban handgun and rifle ammunition by executive fiat.

Common hunting, target, and self-defense ammunition would be subject to ban under A588, along with BB’s, airgun pellets, and plastic airsoft pellets!

Additional legislation being considered (A1013) could land gun owners in jail for refinished or damaged firearms that might be deemed “defaced” "

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31510-nj-assembly-committee-to-consider-ammo-ban-more/

(Regardless whether you live in New Jersey or know someone who does. This information needs to get out to everyone.)

2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

I can only give you a smart azz answer, it may not be you but, yall keep electing the same left wing anti-gun maroons into office. I do understand Delaware is nice this time of year. leave the high taxes behind and move if you can.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Yeah, that comes as no surprise. While it's wrong and arguably illegal (where is the precedent that allows banning a non-lethal thing like ammo? It's clearly an end-run around gun-banning laws.), NJ isn't so large that you can't drive to nearby New York where the laws are far more lax and buy ammo. Or Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, or head north to New Hampshire. Make it a day trip some Saturday and go nuts.

But I understand the principle of the issue. It sucks, and you should rally NJ citizens to speak out against this. Whether or not your politicians listen is another matter.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

A588 actually amends existing NJ law that already bans hollow points. The real risk is that the language in the amendment allows the Attorney General to ban by fiat any other ammo that he deems "as posing a threat to law enforcement." Given that flexibility and requiring absolutely no burden of proof leads many, including myself, to suspect that all ammo will one day meet that definition.

Unfortunately I do not share your faith in my fellow NJ residents to rise up and voice opposition, this is just the latest in an almost annual assault on gunowners' right in this state, most people just don't give a damn.

But if you all don't mind making some calls or sending some e-mail we appreciate all the help we can get...

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CONTACT MEMBERS OF THE ASSEMBLY LAW & PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE!
    TELL THEM TO VOTE "NO” ON A588 - BACKDOOR AMMUNITION BAN!
    TELL THEM TO VOTE "NO” OR AMEND A1013 TO PROTECT HONEST GUN OWNERS FROM SEVERE UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES!
    MEMBERS OF THE NEW
    JERSEYASSEMBLY LAW & PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE:

Charles Mainor (Chair) (D31)
    AsmMainor@njleg.org
    Phone: 201-536-7851
    Fax: 201-536-7854
    Gilbert L. Wilson (Vice Chair) (D5)
    AsmWilson@njleg.org
    Phone: 856-547-4800
    Fax: 856-547-5496
    Nelson T. Albano (D1)
    AsmAlbano@njleg.org
    Phone: 609-465-0700
    Fax: 609-465-4578
    Daniel R. Benson (D14)
    AsmBenson@njleg.org
    hone: 609-631-0198
    Fax: 609-631-0324
    Sean Connors (D33)
    AsmConnors@njleg.org
    Joseph Cryan (D20)
    AsmCryan@njleg.org
    Phone: 908-624-0880
    Fax: 908-624-0587
    Sean T. Kean (R30)
    AsmKean@njleg.org
    Phone: 732-974-0400
    Fax: 732-974-2564
    Gregory P. McGuckin (R10)
    AsmMcGuckin@njleg.org
    Phone: 732-974-0400
    Fax: 732-840-9757
    Erik Peterson (R23)
    AsmPeterson@njleg.org
    Phone: 908-238-0251
    Fax: 908-238-0256
    David P. Rible (R30)
    AsmRible@njleg.org
    Phone: 732-974-1719
    Fax: 732-974-3615
    Bonnie Watson Coleman (D15)
    AswWatsonColeman@njleg.org
    Phone: 609-292-0500
    Fax: 609-633-2179

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

People get the government they deserve. The people of NJ must have done something VERY BAD in the past to get this kind of government. Rise up!

6. Midwest

Midwest New Member

I don't live in NJ, just trying to help out fellow gun owners. Its not just NJ either, Illinois is facing an assault weapons ban legislation and there is a one gun a month legislation in West Virginia. But NJ needs our help, whether or not we live there. We all share a common bond as PRO 2A gun rights advocates.

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

KTALGSTO

Above acronym was coined by me while serving in Korea alongside our S Korean "allies?"

Sure NAM vets felt the same.

Beginning to think this may shortly apply to all elected officials.

Tack

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Not many, I suspect, will ever be in God's presence...

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Good point, perhaps G should be changed to an S...

10. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

That is what I was thinking robocop10mm. Things will not change there until people decide they have had enough and elect a different crop of people to office.
    ChuckD

11. bkt

bkt New Member

Politicians may listen to their constituents because their job may be on the line if they piss off too many of them. How can we who don't live in NJ help if we call these clowns? I'm willing to do it if there's some reasonable expectation they will listen and react by backing off from A588.

12. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Vote them out...Or submit to bondage...

13. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Update - 01/30/2012

GUN OWNERS PREVAIL IN TRENTON!

After a massive outcry from the Second Amendment community against A588 (backdoor ammo ban) and A1013 (defacing firearms - unintended consequences), the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee "held" A588 and amended A1013 in response to gun owner concerns.

The effect of holding A588 is to send it back to the drawing board for further review and amendment, and this legislation that would have opened the door to a sweeping ammunition ban will not advance in its present form.

The amendments to A1013 are still under review, but it is very apparent from the actions of the Committee and the on-the-record statements made by its members that the Committee has heard honest gun owners loud and clear.

We will continue to monitor these bills and dozens of others that we are watching and provide early warning of threats to our Second Amendment rights.

And thank you for your calls, faxes and emails to the Committee members!

[​IMG]

14. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

My question would be what does Christie say about all of this? Many considered him fodder for President, so how does he fit in to all of this nonsense?