New info on Breonna Taylor case

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Ghost1958, Aug 26, 2020.

1. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Exactly! Check out some of their Headlines and Opinion pieces!

ellis

locutus likes this.
  2. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

You and your BLM friends have a nice day, if that is possible in YOUR world of bad cops!:)

locutus likes this.

3. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Typical left wing style response when they have no facts. Personal insult like child reverts too.

Third last time. I've asked politely twice.
    I dispise BLM. And everyone connected to it. So knock it the hell off.

Back to the subject.
    The Taylor case had nothing to do with BLM . It has to do with a cop, Cosgrove, committing negligent homicide and walking away without so much as a wanton endangerment charge simply because he is a cop and Cameron is covering him

As I said before, if Ky changes its laws so that a person defending themselves is immune from charges of they hit a bystander by mistake. I'm all good with that.

But that ain't happened yet and Cosgrove is only avoiding charges because of his badge.

THAT is the type of cop and officials I cant stand. Ones that use the badge to get away with criminal acts and the gov officials who cover up for them.
    In the Taylor case its blatantly clear that is what is going on. I dont care what color the victim was.

Now you have a nice day in your fantasy world where no bad cops exist and even if one does whatever crime he commits is excusable because he wears a badge.
    Honestly I probably should cut you slack.
    Being a police union or FOP spokesman I forget which you are, you really can't post anything else and not get hammered by your collective.;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    G66enigma and jigs-n-fixture like this.
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I remember you posting that you thought it was okay for UMW union members to shoot anyone crossing a picket line. My, my. Is the shoe on the other foot???????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

In my reasoning: At least one of the officers committed a felony by falsifying evidence to obtain a warrant. Falsification of a public record, or making false testimony to a judge is a felony is, to the best of my knowledge a felony through out the US.

The officer who falsified the information and lied to the judge in order to acquire the warrant, is therefore guilty of felony manslaughter. Just like the get away driver in a liquor store robbery, where the guy inside shoots and kills the clerk, is guilty of felony manslaughter, and in some states murder in the first.

So, one of the three committed outright murder. If the other two officers knew that the warrant had been falsely acquired, they too are guilty.

6. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Ghost, you are in no position to “cut slack”. You lost the debate you started. Now you are trying to save face. Telling us we are “left wing”? Left wing are who you sided with. You think we are stupid and cannot see through your pretense? You can go on forever. It’s over.

locutus likes this.
  7. Ghost1958

Nice try but no cigar.

Care to cite where I said that?
    Not saying I didnt but i dont remember saying it. I'll guarantee I didnt say they should get by with it because they were miners.
    I dont belong to the UMW, though my coal truck was shot a few times by them.
    So your post trying to defend the blue has nothing to do with anything being discussed.

If your referring to the word collective that isnt referring to a union.
    Its referring to what I and a good ex police chief talked about just today.
    The collective being almost all cops , sticking to a code of coverup and silence to defend wrong doing of a another officer.
    He wears a badge so therefore nobody , not even other former cops could possibly understand the horrible , dangerous life he leads and he should therefore be given a pass.

As far as Cameron hes covering and playing politics
    Ky is 8% black . Counting all minorities still overwhelmingly white. Cameron is a politician. You do the math.

8. locutus

You stated that strike-breakers crossing picket lines were stealing union jobs so it was morally acceptable to shoot them because that was just defending your livelihood. Don't try to deny it because there are others who remember it as well.

Strange how in your value system it's okay for miners to unionize, but not LEOs.

9. Ghost1958

I didnt say you were anything at all.
    Didnt say they are left wing I said that's a typical reponse.

Lost what debate?
    There is no debate to lose.
    Cosgrove shot and killed a non combatant who was no threat while firing at someone he could reasonably believe was a threat .
    That's documented fact.
    In ky that's negligent homicide or similar charge. Period. Another fact.
    Is he charged? No fact.
    Should he be? By statute yes. Fact.
    Once Cameron gave his speel did jurors on that grand jury pettion to get the audio released because what Cameron said was a lie? Yes. Fact.

Again theres no factual debate to have or lose.

And please. Save face on a internet forum? Really?
    Or give a rat what 3 folks here think?

Like I havent got much much bigger alligators to deal with.

I just see total out of the blue crap spewed by a few concerning this mess , correct it with documented facts and start getting babyish crap like me and BLM juvenile responses resembling " your mother wears combat boots " from a select few.
    Which is fine I really dont care. But if one is going to respond like a petulant 10 yr old, one shouldn't be surprised to get a response .

Now can we get back on track because the sky blue origin responses are tiresome.

G66enigma likes this.
  10. Ghost1958

Jigs your on target there were shenanigans going on but none of that will stick here.
    Neither will a murder charge. No intent to kill the woman could possibly be proven .
    The officers in this state as far as firing can fall back on just plain old SD laws here because Walker fired first.
    What can be charged and easily proven is officer cosgrove was legally firing at Walker, but struck and killed Taylor who was no threat to him by mistake.

In this state about the hardest charge possible is some degree of negligent homicide.

11. Ghost1958

Cite it. I'm not denying but I dont remember saying it.
    Again if I did say it which I kind of doubt , I'll guarantee you I never said they shouldnt be prosecuted.

As far as cops, teachers, or any other civil servant paid by the taxpayers I personally dont believe they should be allowed to unionize.

Last I looked miners, like everyone else in the private sector arent paid by the taxpayers.

Still that wasnt the point I was making as I already explained to you directly not 5 posts ago. Go back and read it again.
    So once again your post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Or anything I posted even.

12. locutus

Nothing you post EVER has anything to do with the thread it's posted in.

13. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Well-Known Member

LE is afforded certain protections us civilians are not. You and i can ignore the dope house next door if we choose to. LEOs cannot.. You send them with a warrant to a dope house in an apartment building...good chance something is gonna go sideways...then, good chance some rounds are gonna go where you dont want them to.

Rifling82 and locutus like this.
  14. Ghost1958

Actually cindy they can and often do ignore it .

The there is qualified immunity. But that's the only protection Cosgrove possibly has and that would be WAY up the ladder of courts.
    At state level in ky no police arent afforded any additional protections from accidental shootings.
    Cosgrove himself testified all he saw was deep dark black with vivid white flashes and heard no sounds but he was certain the flashes was him firing.
    In other words by his own admission he was wantonly firing blind. 16 times.
    Of 32 total rds fired by police 5 struck Taylor, the lethal rd being Cosgroves striking Taylor in the heart.
    In short he has under oath testified he was firing blindly into the apartment instead of aimed fire at the actual threat. His round killed Taylor. A non threat. Which in this state is negligent homicide.
    There are no LE protections for that.
    Factually had the officers announced who they were, Walker would still be in jail. Count on it.

However in Ky if a person does not know or cannot be expected to know his attacker is a police officer then use of lethal force is justified. Especially in ones home.
    They didnt identify, and Walker legally shot one rd at them. That's why he is a free man today.

11 witnesses swore they did not identify. 1 finally reversed his story months later saying he thought they did. That's the witness the grand jury heard.

Cosgrove is walking after basically confessing under oath to negligent homicide because hes a cop and Cameron is a young aggressive politician.

15. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Holy crap.....we DO agree on something.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  16. Ghost1958

Lol, bet that hurt lol

17. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Not at all.
    It just means there is hope for you after all. :D

Ghost1958 likes this.
  18. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

I struggle with the conflicting reports of what really happened. There's also the thick blue line influencing the reporting accuracy. "un"qualified immunity is an issue that needs to be readdressed. Lie on a document submitted to court, then you and everybody on the raid loses the immunity.

jigs-n-fixture and Ghost1958 like this.
  19. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Well-Known Member

Im not a lawyer..so im gonna concede that you might be right on some of that..but im chalking it up to another instance where we can take Months to Monday morning quarterback a situation where LEOs had only a split second to react. And bottom line is..you ship and receive for dope boys...you play house with a dope boy...that comes with some known risks. Just a bad situation all the way around.

locutus, Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  20. Ghost1958

Agreed. But one. It was a search warrant for Talors apartment. Obtained at least in part on fabricated evidence.
    Not an arrest warrant . Taylor had never been charged with anything. Nor had Walker the man with her. He held a ky concealed carry permit. Ky is one of few states that runs a MONTHLY background check on all ccdw holders in the state.
    Walker had to be solid to hold a ccdw.

Knowing a drug dealer isnt a crime. Being a girlfriend of one isnt.
    Even if she wasn't squeaky clean no drug related offense is a Capitol offence.
    Even Louisville SWAT publically criticized that whole bungled raid.
    Was it racially motivated? No
    Did the rag tag group of cops sent there intend to kill the woman when they went ? No.
    But none of that matters. A woman , not charged with anything was killed in her own home because those particular cops panicked when a shot was legally fired at them and returned 32 rds of panicked un aimed fire.
    32 rds in response to 1 rd. From outside .5 hits on the wrong person out of 32 rds fired. Mattingly was back out the door. All they had to do was drop back cover and call SWAT who was supposed to be there by LMPD procedure btw but were not even told of this raid until shots were fired.
    And Cosgrove admitted seeing only black and flashes not aware of shooting but sure the flashes were him firing. With one of those pray and spray rounds killing Taylor.
    Did he mean too? No.
    Did he use any judgement at all ? No.
    He killed an innocent woman in her home who was no threat with wild gunfire by mistake.

I was ky LEO for a time. There are no protections afforded an officer, even if he does everything right and winds up killing a non combatant any more than afforded to a civilian. Which is 0

Everyone knows Cosgrove is quilty of negligent homicide. He admitted under oath without actually saying negligent homicide.
    And everyone involved keeps muddying the water about search warrants and identifying. None of which amounts to squat when it comes to Cosgrove negligently killing Taylor and by ky statute should be charged same as anyone else would be.