New info on Breonna Taylor case

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Ghost1958, Aug 26, 2020.

1. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I have heard so many conflicting stories about this case that I truly don't know what to believe. As I understand it, the cops were looking for her ex boyfriend and crashed the door thinking he was there and were shot at by her current boyfriend. They returned fire and killed her. Her ex was already in custody.

So, many questions arise among them are these.

How long had the ex been in custody and why didn't the door crashers know he was?

3 or 4 cops hit everything BUT the guy that shot at them, WTF?

Why not wait a bit and see if the ex comes in or goes out to make sure of your arrest target?

Why did they think he would be there if he was the ex?

In my experience "bad companions lead to bad luck" which sums up her situation to a T.

As to no knock warrants I can see limited use, locutises example makes sense. To be fair to ghost, locutis you can't actually know for sure the guy would have grabbed the ak, but that is sure as hell the way to bet in that situation. Cops have a right to go home alive just like truck drivers and librarians.

Criminals have a right to go to jail alive, but they usually have a choice that will keep that from happening if they choose it. All things being equal I would like cops to go home alive and criminals to go to jail alive, but if the **** hits the fan the cops life trumps the criminals life in my opinion. In almost all of these situations the criminal makes the choice. Cops like the rest of us will choose the path of least resistance if the perp don't resist life is good for everybody. Court is where the perp gets to fight back.

But I am a cranky old truck driver who's last interaction with a leo was 4 years ago when the nice deputy sheriff caught the bastards that stole 4 grand worth of tools from my shop, so my current bias, if I have one is for leos.

2. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ghost that is not the fact in at least some states. It is a little different in every state. Some western states, have it quite different, and the Sheriffs have very limited powers.

locutus likes this.

3. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Thanks I realize states are different. I know Colorado sheriffs almost to a man are still refusing to enforce several gun regs.
    Florida I believe the gov can remove a sheriff. Ky and several other states they answer only to the voters.

It's been several years and my memory is far from what once was but I traveled the lower 48 Canada and Mexico for 20 + years. But you are correct and I wasnt arguing that in some states a sheriff can be removed. Only stating in many they answer to no other official.

4. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you, I am glad you consider me a super cop!!!:cool: As a super cop I have learned to evaluate people, just part of the job. :D And I stand by my evaluation of you. :) You have a nice day, if that is possible in your 'world' filled with us terrible, brutal cops.;)

locutus likes this.
  5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, some of the responding cops were allowed to walk around and peruse the crime scene.

This happens when a police department is allowed to investigate itself. An honest police department would have made this tape known right up front. Instead it was covered up, only to be exposed later.

G66enigma and Ghost1958 like this.
  6. Ghost1958

My world isnt filled with terrible brutal cops.
    Apparently your job as FOP spokesman or union spokesman, I forget which , has stunted your reading comprehension or more likely its conditioned you to respond with deflection and physcobabble when you cannot produce any facts about the subject at hand.
    Since you cannot which has been clearly demonstrated by now on this subject you are excused from responding further to me on this thread as I'll just overlook your further rantings in this thread anyway.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  7. Ghost1958

Yes sir. That and they ignored 11 witnesses who have stated from the start that police did not identify, to use one in the GJ hearing that right after the incident also said they did not , then months later when police again pressed him said they did.

It's a shame really. Cameron was at least taking our states dictator errr governor to task over his virus decrees.
    Now hes probably done politically in Ky when this whitewash job falls apart.

He is spinning ky SD law to fit what he needs.
    If the officer had hit Walker , the person who actually fired at Mattingly the he would be correct in stating ky law prohibited prosecuting them because they fired in SD.
    That doesnt apply however to the officer who hit Taylor, who wasnt firing at anyone nor in possession of a firearm.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    G66enigma and alsaqr like this.
  8. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Very likely mistakes were made, maybe even a crime committed by an individual LE officer. But it was not a racist incident, let alone “systemic racism“. That’s what made Breonna Taylor famous. And it was false.

It was no more racist than the notorious killing of a white woman by a black police officer, as a result of her reckless behavior toward him. He committed a crime and paid the price. Nobody suspected him of being anti-Australian.

G66enigma and locutus like this.
  9. Ghost1958

I agree completely. I've never stated nor thought that Floyd or Taylor or actually most of the questionable police shootings had anything to do with race.
    Had Walker and Taylor been white the result would have been the same and the LE whitewash to save the cop who actually illegally killed Taylor would be the same .
    Nor do I think that cop intentionally shot Taylor . The fact remains is he did and like any one of us, should be charged appropriately.
    Now if folks want to change the laws that a person shooting in self defense is immune from any penalties for hitting or killing another person who is not a threat then I'm good with that. As long as its equally applied to LE and citizens .

G66enigma and alsaqr like this.
  10. Ghost1958

alsaqr likes this.
  11. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Recordings released from the Grand Jury testimonies. News article below also includes links to MP3 files of recordings.

Here's a breakdown of what's discussed in each recording in the Breonna Taylor probe @ WLKY News, 10/3/20.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  12. alsaqr

Yep, the postal inspector told cops no packages were coming to the Taylor home. Judge who signed no knock warrant says cops may have lied.

"One day before the deadly raid, Detective Joshua Jaynes said he had “verified through a US Postal Inspector that Glover has been receiving packages” at Taylor’s home. But testimony from an internal LMPD report, obtained by WDRB on Thursday, has cast doubt on Jaynes’ claim.

According to the Public Integrity Unit report, officers requested Shively police Sgt. Timothy Salyer and Detective Mike Kuzma question the postal inspector, who in turn said there were no packages being sent to Taylor’s home.

The Shivley officers were enlisted because LMPD no longer works with the Postal Service as a result of an unspecified dispute from a few years earlier, according to the report.

In a follow-up interview with the unit on May 18, Salyer said he reached out to Mattingly, who was wounded in the raid, about the warrant affidavit in wake of the shooting.

“Sgt. Mattingly stated he told Detective Jaynes there was no package history at that address,” Salyer told investigators, according to a summary of the interview.

Salyer said he was again contacted by two LMPD officers at the end of January, this time by Detective Mike Nobles and Detective Kelly Hanna, about any packages going to Taylor’s home, WDBR reported. He said he “told them the same information,” according to the summary.

Jefferson Circuit Judge Mary Shaw, who signed the search warrant for Taylor’s home, has since expressed concern that she was misled by officers in the investigation. Despite the worry, she told the Courier Journal on Thursday she would defer to the FBI investigation."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/louisville-cops-repeatedly-told-breonna-163400567.html

Ghost1958 likes this.
  13. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

It is AWAYS easer to be the ARM CHAIR QUARTERBACK than to be the real thing!:rolleyes:

locutus likes this.
  14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I take anything from the yahoos at Yahoo with a grain of salt.

Trunk Monkey likes this.
  15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds like the judge is covering her own arse.:(

16. Ghost1958

Evidence by the officials investigating this travesty hardly arm chair quarterbacking.
    Even LMPD SWAT has openly criticized this blunder.
    Good police work is a good thing. Supporting it is too.

Supporting glaring violations of procedure, and an officer who in fact is guilty of negligent homicide only destroys the credibility and displays the open bias to support police regardless of the person who is defending such police acts.
    And their us against them prejudice.
    However the warrant was gotten.
    Ignore the fact even their own SWAT team and most LMPD officers criticize that raid, and how it was done.
    There still is one officer who fired in SD at one person who fired one shot and struck and killed an unarmed woman standing nearby in her nightgown . That is simply a FACT.
    That killing ISNT covered as SD in this state and that officer should be charged like any other ky citizen already would have been .

alsaqr likes this.
  17. alsaqr

Look at the byline. The article is from the New York Daily News.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  18. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

The leading anti-Trump tabloid rag in NYC?
    Oh. Excuse me :D

ellis36, locutus and Rifling82 like this.