New info on Breonna Taylor case

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Ghost1958, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Bigcat

Bigcat Well-Known Member

I am not 100% how it works with state legislatures.
    But Federal legislators have parliamentary immunity.
    They can only be charged if the body they are a part of agrees to strip their immunity..

Wonder if there is a state equivalent..

2. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Makes one wonder. If the GJ thought charges were justified against the danger imposed upon others in the apartment complex, then why would the GJ not apply that same standard to non-combatants inside the targeted apartment. (Unless the two were "bunched up" together in the line of fire, as the entry was being made.)

It'd be interesting to see the original authorized warrant. I wonder whether the warrant was specifically to find Glover, and whether they knew he wasn't there that evening.

It'd be far more interesting to see the missing (untaken?) video from the officers doing the entry. Strange that every one of them didn't have video rolling. (Former police chief Conrad was sacked for, at least publicly, for exactly this problem during the McAtee situation with the LMPD and NG.) Perhaps then it would be seen whether the claims of Taylor being "prone with a rifle" and "the one directing the fire" could be corroborated.

Curiouser and curiouser.

primer1 and Ghost1958 like this.

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Ghost, what do you mean 'constitutional sheriff?"

There is nothing in the COTUS making a sheriff sacred.

Sheriffs aren't even mentioned in the COTUS.

4. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

I wasnt clear, apolpgies.
    By that I meant Sherriff unlike state police, city police are elected by the people. And in my state and the others I know of , barring an outright criminal act, are answerable to the voters only.
    And out rank all other LEO in boundaries of their county.
    They cant be removed , at least in this state. Do not have to allow state police to investigate crime in their county, or accept federal interference in any crime in their county that is not specifically a federal crime.

Police nor sheriffs are mentioned in the COTUS as you state.
    But sheriffs are constitutionally elected in elections by the voters unlike any other LEO except constables.

5. Ghost1958

The claims Taylor was armed, etc , are just that. Wild false claims like " Walker used her as a human shield" by cops can do no wrong folks. No cop or official had made any such claims.

Walker fired one totally legal shot.
    Police returned fire killing a woman presenting no threat.
    No rifle. No money No drugs were found at Taylor's residence.

Glover the real target of the whole mess was already in custody some time before the botched blunder occured at Taylor's apartment.

The bottom line it doesnt matter if police ided or not, or anything else except the fact a woman was killed who was no threat to officers. The cop who killed her has been identified. Yet he faces no charge whatsoever . Therein lies the problem of the law not being equally applied .

6. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

LOLX 1000000!:rolleyes: Your prejudice and lack of common sense are rearing their ugly head again!;) Really, "NO LIVES HAVE BEEN SAVED BY NK WARRATS". That statement is just plain STUPID and shows your lack of the ability to face reality!!!:(

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  7. JimRau

But facts don't matter to prejudice people!:rolleyes: That is the definition of prejudice, ignorance (ignore the facts), fueled by emotion!:(

8. Ghost1958

Prove where one person has not been killed because of a no knock warrant.

Not your almighty badge bunny opinion but proof.
    You can't.

However it can be proven that innocent people have been killed by police serving no knock warrants.

If I were you I wouldn't be so quick to think you have a monopoly on reality when your pro LE bias is thicker than buffalo hide.

At any rate the days of no knock warrants are numbered. Thank God.

9. JimRau

Roger that. To you experience means nothing.:rolleyes: Nuff said. You talk the talk, but you have NEVER walked the walk! Enough of your silliness!! Have a nice day, and I hope your hate and prejudice don't eat you up from the inside!:(

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Sniper03 and locutus like this.
  10. Ghost1958

Actually I have walked the walk.
    So no proof to your rant. . Just bias and whining.

No hate or prejudice here. Just facts.
    I've got plenty eating me up inside but cops, good or bad ain't it.

11. locutus

No knock warrants are neither good nor bad. They are a tool which when properly used can save lives and preserve evidence. Of course, like any other tool,They can be misused and cause harm.

But to consider eliminating them because they are misused one time in a hundred is ludicrous.

I have personally witnessed no knock warrants saving lives. I'll take personal experience over theories any day of the week.

12. Ghost1958

The proof a no knock warrant saved one life?? Not your opinion. Proof.

You wont be able to anymore than jim could. There isnt any.

The bits of evidence saved by them are in no way worth the innocent lives of citizens and even infants caused by them.

But again, the days of gov sanctioned ninja attacks ie no knock warrants are numbered anyway. They should never have been allowed in the first place.

13. locutus

Ghost. I've been there!

I don't need to prove what I've seen with my own eyes and participated in.

All the anti government claptrap you can make up does not negate my personal experience.

14. Ghost1958

So no proof a no knock warrant saved a life? You saw one save a life. How did it do so?

I dont really expect an answer because it would just be opinion.

Dead bodies of innocents at the wrong addresses shot by cops doing no knocks are however facts. Not opinion.

Anyway no use arguing the point.
    A few will uphold any and all police powers no matter how wrong headed or dangerous . That's expected.

Honestly I dont really know why I posted in that side debate except to correct the mistakes statements by a couple that the Taylor warrant wasnt a no knock warrant when it absolutely was.

And that the police identified themselves which Walker being free proves is a lie.

No knocks have no effect on my life personally anymore than police do.
    Kick my door in you'll be shot before its fully open , I dont care what your yelling and armor wont help you, bad or good guy.

What happens after that happens. Simple as that.
    I dont do anything police should be bothering me over. I seldom see one, would not call them unless lawfully bound to have too, do not depend on them for anything. thus, they have no affect on my life one way or the other .

Fact still remains.
    A woman who was no danger to those officers is dead and the cop who killed her unlawfully still faces no charges whatsoever.

15. JimRau

Roger that loctus. He, Ghost, is in denial of his own feelings. It is obvious to anyone who sees his posts that he is full of hate and prejudice. But it don't matter, he will rant on about how terrible LE in this country is just like his brothers and sisters in BLM.:rolleyes: It is all based on lies (ignorance) and a fueled by emotion. I am going to call it quits as all he wants is an excuse to preach his hate and prejudice when we post the truth. No matter what facts people present he will deny them. You have a good day and maybe someday he will face the truth, but I doubt it. :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    locutus likes this.
  16. locutus

My "proof" was obtained by going through the door and having a scumbag on the floor with my cuffs on his wrists before he could react and reach the AK beside his bed..

And I don't really give a rat's arse about your totally uninformed opinions and your total lack of personal experience.

Mercator likes this.
  17. Ghost1958

Odd how you switch from supercop to mindreading phycologist so easily.

I'm in denial about nothing. Facts are facts.
    Locs story about handcuffing the guy assumes he would have tried to shoot L8C. Something Loc cannot know or prove. In other words opinion.

I dispise BLM. So back up on that crap.

I'm at the moment working security with one of my best friends, a retired chief of police. My other best friend is a retired KSP dectective.

I dont hate cops. I was one. I dont think all cops are bad. I dispise bad cops. I dont like crooked Da s or AGs like we apparently have in Cameron.

And I dont support crap coverups to protect a cop that SHOULD be charged like is happening in Louisville now.

And I do kind of have a problem with folks that will bend all facts and support any cop regardless what he does.

But you as usual have no clue about me and are totally in left field on that count.

18. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I got a question, When a leo goes for a warrant what are the criteria to get a no knock warrant rather than a regular warrant? Is it a little more stringent, or lot more stringent?

I am seeking info not trying to add to the argument.

19. Ghost1958

Alot depends on the relationship of the judge and the applying officer.
    But in a nutshell the LEO has to articulate reasons in the request that purport to show why a no knock is needed at a particular place rather than a standard warrant. Like the likelihood of evidence being destroyed . That's normally the reason given because the majority of no knock warrants are drug related.

There are sometimes other reasons given like a suspect escaping but those dont hold water in most judges eyes and usually , but
    not always denied.

The rub is the judge only has the word of the applying LEO who can and many have been caught embellishing or outright making up things in order to get a no knock.

In a fairly recent case the officer made up information supposedly gotten from a CI who later stated he had never given that officer that info or even that address.
    That officer was caught with heroin in his vehicle at the site when the warrant was executed to plant inside the residence.

So yes a no knock in theory is harder to get.
    In reality it depends on how determined the LEO is to get one and how much embellishment he is willing to use to get it.