New info on Breonna Taylor case

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Ghost1958, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Merc'
    You are right a lot of the Arm Chair Quarterbacks in our world who have never walked in an Officers shoes.
    So they are talking with no real knowledge! Or they have committed a crime and been arrested or should have. So it is the old hate police syndrome. Maybe there is a reason for their comments?:rolleyes: Handcuffs in their life perhaps!
    Where is all the BS coming from about Taylor and a No Knock Warrant. Simply put IT WAS NOT A NO KNOCK WARRANT! It was in fact a Knock and Announce warrant. And Merc is correct in a lot of cases. A Knock Warrant is one of the most dangerous approaches. Been a lot of bullets coming out of doors with the Police outside. Could the coward in Taylor's incident have used her as a shield after shooting at the officer an hitting him. Or was she stupid enough being involved in drug traffic to stand beside him, him with a gun when the odds was he was going to shoot at the officers. Obviously some critics have never been shot at, hit, nor had unfortunately to use deadly force.
    And in today's society the subject is not the only victim! Today law enforcement is wrong no matter if they are right! The Taylor case is a perfect example. Of Dammed if you do and Dammed if you don't!;)

bluez and locutus like this.
  2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

When I hear all of this macho bravado of a "belly full of lead" on the officers, I laugh.

Any well trained department will send in a tactical team in level 4 armor and ballistic shields. You try to give that officer "a belly full of lead" and you will get cut in half by his M-4.

Tactical (SWAT) team officers are well trained to not f'k around with scumbags.

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

locutus

You are 100% Spot On! I served 16.5 years on the Metro's ERT (SWAT) Team.
    We did not ever want to have to neutralize anyone as we called it. But did what was necessary. As you put it, we did not put up with scumbags who wanted to go toe to toe with us.
    A couple of war stories! For those who like war stories.
    But on several occasions we did not have to neutralize an individual. Which I might add very few over the years! Which was GOOD! No one should want to take a life! But on other occasions when they saw, or new we were there, they took care of business themselves 'Bang" saving us a lot of hassle.
    One case was when we had 15 hostages in a bank that we extracted out of a second story window. The perp wanted no part of us coming for him in the Bank. "BANG" And another example was when a guy robbed a bank and killed three bank employees. Left the Bank running down the street and climbed up in a Hugh Pine tree. He was even calling in to dispatch on his cell phone giving his description running in other close areas. Pretty smart criminal. Until we figured out he could not have possibly went from point A to point B in such a short time! He then was spotted in the top of the tree by a Helicopter flying over searching. He saw us coming down the street to engage him "Bang" again saving us a lot of hassle!
    And your right, we trained a lot beside regular training with firearms and other. ERT trained an additional 12 hours a month and two weeks at a military base each year with our weapons and other related training including rappelling into windows which I really liked and others. Being retired from direct LE duty now. I really miss those days! But still today, I am blessed and still have the honor to teach LE Weapon related classes. And keep up on my marksmanship with the Pistol, AR precision rifle. And also have my yearly Qualification for my Presidential 218 Carry Permit. To and including keeping current all my State Academy and NRA Certifications.
    GUN NUT YOU BET!:p
    Correction: There was a typo on the number of people in the Bank Hostage situation. Hit the wrong key and did not review or edit my post.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    primer1, locutus, towboater and 2 others like this.
  4. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

You got 4, 5 and 6 right.

It was a no knock warrant.
    For months LMPD defended the FACT they obtained a no knock warrant because of " the method of operation of these kinds of subjects".

Multiple witnesses have sworn they did not announce themselves .

Walker fired one shot as the door was battered down , legally , because he did not nor could not have known it was police battering the door down.

That's why his charges were dropped. It's why he is suing the city now.
    It's why LMPD has not scooped him up again.
    Their yarn is bogus and could only have flown in a Grand jury where it could not be disputed.

5. Ghost1958

A no knock warrant. Specifically. They should never have been brought into existence and are thankfully well on the way to being banned.
    Judges and cops violate the 4 a all the time . Nothing new

alsaqr likes this.
  6. Ghost1958

Yep we all saw how Portland etc SWAT and every other cop were ran multiple times out of their own stations, told where they were allowed to go etc etc by the scumbags.

Did I say bellyful of lead???
    Nope. Having worn the stuff alot of us know what it doesnt protect.

And since it's perfectly legal in this state to use lethal force against police who dont identify , yelling police like like school girl while smashing down a door isnt identifying. the person doing so really isnt a " scumbag", especially with the amount of no knocks being done at the wrong addresses.

No bravado. Theres a reason no knock warrants are as rare as diamonds in my part of this state. They get cops injured or killed here. And the cops here are to smart to be cannon fodder.

But that's not the issue of this thread.
    The issue is a woman who should not be dead is. Let's assume that the three amigos are ( cough) telling the truth.
    There is still the issue of a woman being killed while doing nothing threatening, by a cop who has been identified as the one who killed her and that cop has yet to have charge one brought against him.

I don't support the rioters looters etc.
    I dont support BLM.

But I don't support cops getting away with clear negligent homicide or corrupt cops either.

7. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I remember a very similar situation at Keybank in Carmel, IN around 1998. Were YOU there by chance?

Sniper03 and locutus like this.
  8. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

why
    why not? It's a self correcting problem.

9. Ghost1958

Just to correct a misstatement. It WAS a no knock warrant. It only became a knock and announce warrant in the past two weeks. Which doesnt even matter.

Officers did NOT identify. If there could even be a made up story that would have stuck Walker would not have had his charges dropped . Period. Full stop.
    That's how anyone who is familiar with ky law KNOWS this is cya in a grand jury.
    Had Walker shot a cop in this state and any story at all could have been concocted to make it appear he could have known it was a cop he fired on that would stand in open court, he would be still in jail without bond.

I really dread going back and finding all the statements by the cops who secured that warrant as to why they wanted and got a no knock warrant.

And some of us have walked in officers shoes, been shot at , and all the trimmings.
    A woman is dead. She should not be. The officer who killed her is known.
    I don't care if shes white black or green , that officer should be charged with some form of homicide, legally and morally. The same as anyone else here would be if they did the same thing.

10. Ghost1958

So your saying that Fentanyl is illegal and cannot be prescribed ????

BTW Fentanyl is NOT heroine .

11. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Locally a small time drug dealer got a knock on the door from the cops (serving a warrant) and the drug dealer killed a cop before nuking himself.

Victimless crime my azz.

Real simple, if Taylor wasn't associating with criminals she'd be alive.

A certain subculture thinks illegal and immoral behavior is fine, and that the rest of society should accept it, no matter how much damage it costs.

Sniper03, Rifling82 and locutus like this.
  12. locutus

And that's the problem. The anti government, anti police, anti law and order crowd will never be convinced that they do not have the right to kill cops. Or that the laws that apply to the rest of us do not apply to them.

I guess that if you have a bitter, irrational hatred of all government the police are the enemy in your eyes.

Sniper03 likes this.
  13. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Fentanyl is a schedule 2 drug. It can be prescribed by a doctor but not distributed by a “street pharmacist”
    Heroin is schedule 1, illegal all around.

Ghost1958 and locutus like this.
  14. Ghost1958

Correct . Thank you. It seemed you were saying fentynal and heroine were the same thing. My bad. Apologies

15. Ghost1958

If the drugs weren't illegal, the cops wouldnt be there serving social engineering warrants to be shot .

Drugs are illegal for the same reason alcohol was attempted to be made illegal.
    Some power tripping jeff sessions clones felt the need to exert more control over everyone else's life.
    And of course once a huge black market has been created there are all sorts of avenues to get rich on graft , kick backs, blackmail etc etc etc.
    The drug war is a spectacular failure. yet for some reason the " authorities " are hell bound to keep it in place as is.
    Curious.

16. Ghost1958

Not that I am anti police because I'm not.
    I'm anti bad police . Actually pretty much indifferent about them as they have no bearing on my life personally since I left the fold . I might actually see a LEO once a month. I have good friends that are ex or retired LE. None that are active being more than a casual acquaintance.

That said. Being anti police isnt nessacarilly being anti gov. Or anti law and order.
    Anymore than being anti gov is being anti police.
    Example is the many places where sheriffs are flatly refusing to enforce laws passed by their governments because they are unconstitutional.

The police do need to be demilitarised to a great extent and their ability to acquire no knock warrants and do warrantless searches needs to be abolished

17. locutus

If a sheriff refuses to enforce a law here, the county commissioners will remove him from office and appoint a new sheriff to serve until the next election.

A county sheriff has no more authority than any other LEO.

18. Ghost1958

Perhaps in your state.
    Sherriffs have and are refusing to enforce several gun regulations in multiple states.
    Here the Sheriff only answers to the voters. The governor himself cannot order a sheriff to do anything. Nor remove a Sheriff.

The Sheriff in this state is the top of the food chain inside his county.
    And in most other states. Yours I guess being the exception to the constitution I guess.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Rifling82 likes this.
  19. Ghost1958

20. Ghost1958

One of hundreds of cites.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3235029001

Even Cameron did not state it wasnt a no knock warrant.
    Actually he refused to go any further than stating the warrant " was not served as a no knock warrant" .
    No official I'm aware of has even tried such a wild claim that it wasnt a no knock warrant. Only that dispite having one the cops still knocked.

None of which has zip to do with Taylor being killed by errant rounds fired from an identified officers gun and that officer not being charged.

Yes once fired at the cops had a arguable right to self defense. But self defense doesnt cover the accidental killing of a person who is no threat.