New info on Breonna Taylor case

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Ghost1958, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Ok. That's how it works.
    The four nurses I know personally that have drug offenses on their record that have been nurses for approx 4 to 10 years weren't hired, and will be fired shortly.
    I'll have to let them know you said that's how it works.:rolleyes:

Taylor had no record. Glover being convicted would have had nothing to do with her being a nurse.

2. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

She was an accomplice to a drug dealer. I think we’re done here.

3. Ghost1958

I dont think we are.
    Fact. I know nurses that have that exact charge on their record. Yet they went to school and are now and have been nurses for a good while.
    Posession. Etc.
    Didnt do squat.

Taylor wasnt convicted of squat. Nor even charged.
    Now we are done here.

4. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree with you 100% ....!

Ghost1958 likes this.
  5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

One cop was fired:

"ONE of the three cops involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor was officially fired on Tuesday - with his police chief slamming his "extreme indifference" and revealing he shot 10 rounds "wantonly and blindly."

i want to see the justification the cops used for the no knock warrant, especially the alleged statement of the postal inspector.

Not surprisingly, the idiots lawyer calls the firing of his client "political and excessive".

Two of these cops, Hankison and Cosgrove, had been involved in another botched dope case. Lacking a "no knock" warrant; the crusaders broke in anyway, terrorizing a family. A small quantity of wacky weed was found, there were no charges.

The Louisville police dep't got sued:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/cops-who-killed-breanna-taylor-also-botched-2018-raid-report/

primer1, Ghost1958 and ellis36 like this.
  6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/leaked...dealing-exs-money-he-used-her-address-as-his/

Leaked Docs Claim Breonna Taylor Was Managing Drug Dealing Ex’s Money, He Used Her Address As His Own

Another jailhouse recording made hours after Taylor was fatally shot showed Glover told the mother of his children that Taylor had been managing his money for him when she was killed.

“Bre got down like $15 [grand], she had the $8 [grand] I gave her the other day and she picked up another $6 [grand],” he told the woman, according to leaked documents.

“Bre been handling all my money, she been handling my money,” Glover told the woman a moment later, according to WAVE. “She been handling s–t for me and cuz, it ain’t just me.”

Mercator likes this.
  7. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Not new to me.

The cops are going to be cleared, most anyway. Louisville is going to have the state of emergency.

8. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

While I don't think that drug dealers, their girlfriends, junkies, or even hardened ex-cons deserve to be killed simply because of who they are or what they've done in the past, sooner or later if they keep committing more and more crimes, then eventually all that criminality will catch up with them and they'll run into someone who's a bigger criminal than they are. That's just the way criminality works. It's always been that way.

We always seem to find out later that these criminals that certain people like to put up on pedestals are anything but innocent, their crimes are certainly not "victimless", and in many cases if the Police did nothing at all and never even located them, they'd be just as dead anyway from their own behavior.

All that said...

Do I wish the Police would show more restraint when dealing with people who are clearly not the cream of civilized society?

Yes.

Do I also understand that being a Police Officer does not make one completely immune to human emotion, especially fear and anger, overriding better judgement and more civil behavior?

Unfortunately, yes again.

Do I think that there should always be consequences for criminal behavior, no matter what title you do or don't carry with your name?

Absolutely.

What I'd wish for is that these people would come to the conclusion on their own that they're hurting other people and to stop hurting other people over perceived short term gain that does lasting damage to themselves and others. If that's not possible and we have to lock people up for the rest of their natural lives, so be it, but I don't believe that is the only way, never mind the "best way".

9. Ghost1958

Bottom line is the cops messed up serving a no knock warrant when none was nessacary.

Walker quite legally opened fire on those cops as he didnt know nor could reasonably be expected to know they were cops. At that point they were by statute in this state no different than thugs doing a home invasion .
    Walker should never have been arrested, was released and should soon own a small part of the city.
    Taylor was no threat, not charged, doing nothing but standing in her hallway and killed by wild pray and spray gunfire of 7 rounds of 20 odd rounds fired.

Is there a murder charge here? Not under Ky law but there are charges that can put the three behind bars if for nothing more than negligent homicide etc. About the max They could get us 5 yrs.
    And those three should spend time .

Had any one of us been shot at under any scenario , returned fire and struck a non combatant 7 times killing that person we would be thrown in a dungeon someplace and the key thrown away, possibly for life.
    JMO but there are too many big wigs dirty skirt tails involved in this warrant even being served at that particular residence for the powers that be to allow charges that amount to squat.

I'm guessing little to nothing in the way of charges. And Louisville becomes Portland . Maybe Lexington too.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    alsaqr likes this.
  10. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Announcements to be made this week, apparently, by the KY Attorney General on the case. (Though, what the announcements will entail, who knows.)

The KY Governor, last week, requested National Guard troops to potentially be called up to protect areas fully anticipated to go up in flames if (when) certain people blow their gaskets over these announcements.

"May you live in interesting times." -- supposed Chinese proverb​

Ghost1958 likes this.
  11. G66enigma

UPDATE: Announcement made early this morning, at least regarding how the city of Louisville is planning to handle the impending statement by the state's Attorney General about the case.

Louisville police cut off downtown access with barricades ahead of Breonna Taylor decision @ Courier-Journal, 9/22/20 at 3:30am press briefing.

Can't imagine those barricades will stand long, if the "protesters" don't hear what they want once the AG speaks.

alsaqr and Ghost1958 like this.
  12. Ghost1958

The protestors want a 1st degree murder charge. That isnt what happened. No matter what other charges are brought if any, the protestors arent going to be pacified.

It's going to get ugly in Louisville and probably Lexington to a lessor extent. Because the rioters know they can burn loot etc there .

Protests will likely spread to the smaller rural towns again too , though there wont be any burning or looting in the small towns . 300 or so openly , heavily armed citizens, usually asked for by the cops have and will prevent that.

alsaqr likes this.
  13. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

my experience is exactly the opposite. people who get in my face get to thinking they are special, and the next time they get in someones face, he is The Wrong Guy, and down they go.

so, if someone gets in my face, I don't have to do anything but wait, and not long.

14. Ghost1958

Breonna Taylor nor her boyfriend Walker got in anyone's face. And no "wrong one" panicked and blindly fired 20 shots into apartments.
    They were watching tv at home.
    Walker did what any man would do, fire on what he thought to be home invaders once . Which under the circumstances was legal in this state for him to do if he had emptied 30 rds on them.

Taylor did nothing but stand there and be killed by panic stricken cops firing wildly into her home.

I dont agree with the looting. burning etc. But a woman died that night that should not have.

primer1, jigs-n-fixture and alsaqr like this.
  15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

He previous life has absolutely nothing to do with the way she died. That is why her family is getting a big check.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  16. Gatoragn

I concur she should not have been shot. Yet I have not seen anything to support her involvement with "the dealer" was a past life and appears to have been a current associate, if not love interest.

I think the "City" settled to try to make it all go away, they should have waited until all trials are completed.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  17. Ghost1958

That's assuming there will be any trials.
    I'm not holding my breath for those.

I will guarantee that 12 mil settlement has a clause that prohibits the mother from going after the cops involved in a civil suit. And lord knows what else.
    It's almost twice the amount usually paid out after years of court wrangling.
    They are trying to cover their collective buttocks .

jigs-n-fixture and Gatoragn like this.
  18. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

19. G66enigma

Looks like the Grand Jury came back with one indictment, in the Breonna Taylor case.

Grand jury indicts 1 Louisville police officer in raid resulting in death of Breonna Taylor @ WDRB News, 9/23/20.

20. Gatoragn