New Hornady Zombie Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by BlueTurf, Nov 3, 2011.

1. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I see that Hornady has released their new Zombie "Z-Max" ammo. I think this is pure marketing genius on their part. Every vendor I checked was sold out of this stuff in the popular handgun cartridges. I think it is a great marketing move to catch the zombie wave and ride it. Zombies are hot right now. There are movies, TV shows, video games, etc. about zombies out there. I think I will buy some because I have been collecting self-defense ammo for the .45 acp for a long time.

Attached Files:

2. Redarrow18

Redarrow18 New Member

Haha that's pretty awesome, I wonder if it's actaully a good load or just a sales gimmic but either way I want to try and get my hands on it!

3. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

I'll buy a box just to have and show people, but I can't imagine its anything more than a marketing gimmick.

4. drewposi

drewposi New Member

Man I've been looking for almost an hour where to find this!! I'd buy it just
    For the box haha genius marketing.

5. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

If I buy some and it fails to stop actual zombies i'm gonna sue steve hornady if he's still alive!

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm getting some just to put up in the box with my Billy Beer.

7. glockinterface

glockinterface New Member

If my understanding is correct, the Z-Max is the A-Max bullet, but the color has changed and there's new packaging. Marketing strategy? Yes and it worked! My .40 Z-Max is on it's way. Not taking any chances when it comes to those damn zombies. Haha.

8. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

Are the bullets and cases different colors? Anyone have a pic of one of the rounds?

9. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

This is from hornadys web site.

image-2013828119.jpg

image-1480968329.jpg

play the victim, be the victim

10. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

This is why I am getting some, just to add it to my collection and show people. :)

11. Redarrow18

Redarrow18 New Member

12. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

I don't know what's harder, finding someone who has this ammo in stock, or finding a zombie to test it on!