Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 20 been buying guns for 1 year now and have own over 11 guns so far. but have a ?. dont know where to post but we have so bad neighbors next door and i had a deer cam set up outside and that hick a#$ was in my damn garage at night. can i buy non lethal 12ga shells and shoot his *** next time they are trespassing

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
First, there is no such thing as a non-lethal 12 g shell, other than a function testing dummy which has no primer or powder. The term is LESS LETHAL. People have died after being shot with beanbag rounds, rubber bullets, etc etc.

What you have just described is a good way to go to jail. At an absolute minimum, to get arrested and spend most of your money on legal defense.

You got pictures? Great! That is called trespass- maybe breaking and entering. Call the cops- get HIS *** put in jail.

·
Registered
211 Posts
c3shooter said:
First, there is no such thing as a non-lethal 12 g shell, other than a function testing dummy which has no primer or powder. The term is LESS LETHAL. People have died after being shot with beanbag rounds, rubber bullets, etc etc.

What you have just described is a good way to go to jail. At an absolute minimum, to get arrested and spend most of your money on legal defense.

You got pictures? Great! That is called trespass- maybe breaking and entering. Call the cops- get HIS *** put in jail.
Well said..... BTW Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Call the cops

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
I am not sure it is trespassing to go through a neighbors garbage while the garbage is out on the street. The street is public domain.

Once you put the garbage out on the street for pickup it is public property.

I am not sure why your neighbor is going through your garbage though. Sounds like you better start shredding your documents or else you may be in for some identity theft. You can get shredding machines at any office supply store.

The best solution is probably to set your alarm, and wait to put out your garbage until just before the trucks come, and stand there and watch them dump it. You have a rather unique problem, in a very nosey neighbor.

If you shoot him you will go to jail because that is covered in the state penal code.

You can normally only legally shoot someone who forces their way into your residence, campsite, or motel/hotel room. And that is only guaranteed in the states that have adopted the castle doctrine. Ida, SD, Neb, NM, Vt, DC, and NY are weak on castle doctrine. All the other states comply in some fashion. Wiki has the most updated current list, with references.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine#cite_ref-9

You need to learn all this if you are going to own guns.

·
Premium Member
5,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Embarass the guy. Print the pictures large enough to post, and hang them around the neighborhood and let everyone else see what he is doing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i catch him next time im i aloud to beat his *** down

·
Registered
473 Posts
Shoobee said:
I am not sure it is trespassing to go through a neighbors garbage while the garbage is out on the street. The street is public domain.

Once you put the garbage out on the street for pickup it is public property.

I am not sure why your neighbor is going through your garbage though. Sounds like you better start shredding your documents or else you may be in for some identity theft. You can get shredding machines at any office supply store.

The best solution is probably to set your alarm, and wait to put out your garbage until just before the trucks come, and stand there and watch them dump it. You have a rather unique problem, in a very nosey neighbor.

If you shoot him you will go to jail because that is covered in the state penal code.

You can normally only legally shoot someone who forces their way into your residence, campsite, or motel/hotel room. And that is only guaranteed in the states that have adopted the castle doctrine. Ida, SD, Neb, NM, Vt, DC, and NY are weak on castle doctrine. All the other states comply in some fashion. Wiki has the most updated current list, with references.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine#cite_ref-9

You need to learn all this if you are going to own guns.
Haha ShooBee he said garage not garbage

1 - 11 of 11 Posts