new here

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by yenkosyc69, Apr 5, 2011.

  1. yenkosyc69

    yenkosyc69 New Member

    Was wondering how and who i would need to talk to about getting a class 3 license in the state of georgia. Was also wondering if had to have a class 3 for a rifle with the 3 round burst. Thank you for your time
  2. Troy Michalik

    Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

    Good morning Yenko.
    Visit this page: ATF Online - Firearms - How To - Become An FFL. It will answer some of your questions, and will lead you to where the rest of them can be answered.

    You're in luck too, there is a field office in Atlanta. Here is their contact information.
    Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    Atlanta Field Division

    2600 Century Parkway, Suite 300
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 USA
    Voice (404) 417-2600
    Fax (404) 417-2601

    Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

  3. danf_fl

    danf_fl Retired Supporter

    Also, how about stopping by the "Introductions" area?
  4. yenkosyc69

    yenkosyc69 New Member

    Thanks for the info Troy,
  5. JonM

    JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

    you dont need a class 3 license to own a NFA firearm. you just need to complete the proper NFA transfer paperwork which any reputable class3 dealer will help with. then pay the 200$ tax and you can take possession of the firearm.

    im going thru the process atm myself and have learned a huge amount. my best tip is find a dealer that is willing to answer questions and help you along the proccess.

    the actual class3 license is needed if you plan on creating new selectfire weapons or selling them or doing transfers for others. an individual just needs the tax stamp and be registered as the new owner of the firearm.