Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Katherine, Im from Michigan. I am knew to everything involving guns, though my husband has taught me a lot I am always looking to learn more. I have gone to the shooting range to try out different guns to see what I like the best, and recently my husband and I took our CPL class,

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Welcome, kitkat, is yoo a Yooper or a Michigander?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9yhhflmvY&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FishinLuke said:
Welcome from Idaho! Good to see another firearm enthusiast in the making, we gun owners need all the support we can get!
Two months ago was a different story for me, I was Anti-gun, but after educating myself about the second amendment and what it stood for, and of course keeping closer eyes on the news, I now feel completely different!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Two months ago was a different story for me, I was Anti-gun, but after educating myself about the second amendment and what it stood for, and of course keeping closer eyes on the news, I now feel completely different!
Geez I love to hear that! Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of guns always nice to have a woman's point of view:D

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to what I hope becomes a lifelong pastime for you and your family.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, the people here will bend over backwards to see you get good answers.

We have cookies, and a goat...somewhere...but that's another story!! ;)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy. And glad you cared enough to research the matter and see the light. I wish more people would.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon.

·
Supporting Member
12,613 Posts
kitkat,

Thank you for joining us here on the FTF from the Volunteer State! And especially for your change in position and supporting the Second Amendment of the Constitution. There are thousands of folks out there that only believe,positions they have been raised or indoctrinated with. But being an instructor, I have found once they try shooting they are amazed and really enjoy the sport. It is no longer a "Taboo", but something they soon learn to love. My children have always been brought up with guns around and Zero Problems I might add! My oldest son and daughter who love to shoot do not want to hunt as I am a hunter. And that is fine! They love to target shoot and I am all respectful of there positions. All the children, grandchildren and family enjoy the sport and guns. And we are sure you will also! Thanks to your Hubby for introducing you to the sport. " But beware!" You are entering an area of serious addiction!!!!!!:p And a warning to your Hubby! Since your hubby will have to share the toys and also the purchase in the future of new toys!:D *ENJOY! Thanks for coming on board and we will be waiting for your input on the Forum!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sniper03 said:
kitkat,

Thank you for joining us here on the FTF from the Volunteer State! And especially for your change in position and supporting the Second Amendment of the Constitution. There are thousands of folks out there that only believe,positions they have been raised or indoctrinated with. But being an instructor, I have found once they try shooting they are amazed and really enjoy the sport. It is no longer a "Taboo", but something they soon learn to love. My children have always been brought up with guns around and Zero Problems I might add! My oldest son and daughter who love to shoot do not want to hunt as I am a hunter. And that is fine! They love to target shoot and I am all respectful of there positions. All the children, grandchildren and family enjoy the sport and guns. And we are sure you will also! Thanks to your Hubby for introducing you to the sport. " But beware!" You are entering an area of serious addiction!!!!!!:p And a warning to your Hubby! Since your hubby will have to share the toys and also the purchase in the future of new toys!:D *ENJOY! Thanks for coming on board and we will be waiting for your input on the Forum!

Thank you for all the advice! I have told my husband about this site, and now he has added this app to his phone as well ( hktactical ) . Growing up my dad had all sorts of guns, but were always hidden and out of sight. I was too afraid to shoot them, but when I got married I wanted to try hunting with my husband, so he bought me my very own 20 ga shot gun. I tried shooting it at our farm last sunmer and I will be honest it scared me soo bad!! After I tried that gun I didn't want to go hunting, so until this past valentines day I had never shot a handgun or anything other than that 20 ga. After seeing a pink handgun I really wanted my husband took me to a shooting range to try a couple handguns. From that moment on I fell in love with handguns! Advice I have to give.....start your girl out with .22 handguns and work her up from there. I love my .38 , but I have yet to shoot my 20 ga since. I plan to give it another shot this summer now that I am getting more comfortable with guns and practicing at our farm so I feel that I have more control before I start carrying.

·
Administrator
34,559 Posts
WELCOME!!

It's always good to see women signing up here on FTF. I was very "anti-gun" most of my life.........until about 4 years ago when a friend convinced me guns were not terrible evil killers. Then he took me to a range and let me shoot his Uzi. I've been hooked ever since. Shortly after that range trip, my friend and I parted ways and I found myself with a revolver and very, very little knowledge. The members here on FTF have been so good to me. I know you'll enjoy being a member here. I'm glad you joined us.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Welcome from Cincy....

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thank you for being open minded, and opening up to the amazing world of firearms. It's a wonderful hobby and an art, feel free to ask anything!

·
Supporting Member
2,130 Posts
Welcome to the Shooters talk forum. If you are from the Detroit area, hope you and your hubby carry .45 1911's. I have been inside 8 mile road a couple of times, both times I was carrying.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts