New Hand GUN Help

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by 6shootersandw, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 6shootersandw

6shootersandw New Member

I am thinking about getting the XDM .45 or the S&W M&P .45 but I can't decide. I held the XDM and it fits like a glove but I like American made products. The company is American but the handgun is build in Croatia.

2. 6shootersandw

6shootersandw New Member

c'mon guys a little help

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I have an XD 45, I like it.

I have no experience with S&W pistols. I do like my wife's S&W J frame revolver and highly recommend it.

4. hddave

hddave New Member

Go with perfection and get yourself a Glock, You can thank me later ;-)

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

made in america isnt all its cracked up to be. check out the exploding chevy volts...

get the xdm!! you wont regret it

the M&P pistol is just a relabeled sigma heh

6. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

Ya know, that was really uncalled for. :mad: Exploding, eh?
    I'm gonna quit here before I follow your example...

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

it may be a sigma at heart, but at least the trigger is better:)
    My step brother is a cop and he got the xd because it was all the rage in his department, but after shooting our parents (my mom and his dad's) m&p's he decided he liked those much better, went out and bought one the next day.

I've never shot an xd, but I've handled them and the trigger guard just seems too small for my tastes. But I hear great things about them.

It is a Croat gun sure, but they've also made good guns in the past, and springfield is still an American company, so your money will still be feeding American families.

FWIW, I'm leaning towards a springfield 1911 and many of their 1911 frames and slides are built in brazil.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive had 2 Xd .40s and i just dont care for them at all, im not a S&W fan either but i think that the M&P is the better gun of the two

9. WDB

WDB New Member

I've had a M&P 45 as my CC for over six years. I'm on my second one only becuae I gave the first one to my son. For me the M&P is a pistol I trust my life with, fits my hand well, a pistol I know will fire every time and comes up to target with a natural feel.

M&P hands down as far as I'm concerned.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

yeah gm is offering to buy them back due to the batteries cracking catching fire and possibly exploding in high speed wrecks. when lithium in batteries is exposed to oxygen it burns if enough is exposed at once it can easily explode.

GM May Buy Back Chevrolet Volts, Redesign Battery Pack Due To Fires | Fox News

big corporations dont buy products back just cuz they feel nice. thats worse than a recall.

11. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

Did you even read your own link? GM said that if any owner is worried, they will buy back their Volt. They are not starting a wide-scale buyback. Also, there is NO MENTION of 'exploding' except in your troll, er, post. The fires that have occurred have all been during crash testing, never in a real accident. Fire is always a possibility in a car crash, whether its powered by battery or petroleum.
    I don't even know why this slam was even brought up in a gun-related question... Kind of ramp down the hyperbole a notch or two, OK? :rolleyes:

12. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

I love my xdm 40. That's all...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

13. patches

patches New Member