New guy

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by stevem8, Jun 5, 2012.

1. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

Hey,
    This is my first post and I just purchased my first ever gun. After countless hours of research and test shooting at my local range, I decided on the Ruger SR9c. Took it to the range this weekend and absolutely loved it. Not one issue so far. Put 300 rounds of range ammo through it. My wife loved it too. She gave me the ok to purchase a 2nd gun so we can each shoot with one. :) I'm trying to decide between the XD9 and the G19. I've shot the Glock a couple times and loved it. Very accurate. I do like the extra safeties on the XD. My only concern with the XD is the late breaking trigger. Any opinions?

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Welcome to the forum Steve! :D

I've had great sucess with both Glocks and XD's, why not save up and get both someday?

Congrats on the 1st purchase, great choice. I hope your wife will be as supportive in the future as she is now, you are now hooked on shooting and there is no known cure!! :cool: [insert evil laugh:D]

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

IMHO. The xd is one of the best out there. High capacity good shooting. Can take abuse and works every time. Guess I just love my xd. I also have the ruger. Great choice.

4. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

How does the trigger compare between the Ruger and the XD?

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well----- A picture is worth ..... awww you know :D

[​IMG]

6. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

Beautiful collection! What's your opinion on the trigger difference?

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I lean tissues the xd still. It may be because it fits my hand so well. But the trigger seems stiff on the sr9c

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Towards... Silly auto correct. My pair

Attached Files:

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have shot several Glocks over the years, and IMO the XD and XDm both have much better triggers. but i will say this, if the Glock fits your hand better and feels more comfortable to you, the trigger issue can be overcome with a trigger job. i have shot the XDm, XD and the Glocks side by side and my preference for the triggers and how they feel to me if the XD and XDm over the Glocks.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I must say after a few hundred rounds the Ruger trigger really smoothed up-
    It'd be a coin toss 'tween it & the XD -

11. Hammy

Hammy New Member

Volquartsen trigger upgrade will eliminate travel issues and drop trigger pulls to 1.5 pounds. $100

12. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Welcome new guy. I handled a sr9c , man was that thing light. I couldn't believe it. Congrats on your purchase.

13. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I have a Glock 19 and love it, I would probably like the XD too if I wasnt biased against it.

I know a guy who bought one and acted like it was the best thing ever made and anything that wasnt an XD was junk, I told him about a guy who said he had some jamming issues with his... He told me that the guy was lying, 'XD's won't jam'

Needless to say it didn't take long for that to get old. Turned me against them totally.

Then one day his jammed.:D

I wish I had a picture of the expression on his face.:)

14. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

Mine hasn't yet ...knock on wood

15. medic6882

medic6882 New Member

Hey Steve welcome to the forum. I too am new to the forum and the gun world and I too am already addicted. I got my carry permit 2 months ago just to have it incase they decide to cut back on issuing them. Well I went out a bought the ruger P95 then today I went window shopping and bought the 1911 and while I was there I fired the XD 40 and put a down payment on it. So I would recommend whatever you pick up and feels good in your hand I say buy it while you can

16. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Not sure if I would want a 1.5 lbs trigger pull on my EDC pistol. If I was shooting competition matches where every second counted then I would look at a light trigger pull.

Given range time and a 1k rds through your pistol and you will notice tour trigger pull will become smoother.

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Me neither ----------