Firearms Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New guy up in Maine here. I came in mainly because I am getting back into rifle shooting as an adult. Used to do a lot of .22 as a Boy Scout and all, like 25 yrs. ago, lol. I am a noob in that respect, but have been a pheasant hunter off and on for a long time, so the 12 ga. shotty is my friend. Point and click :)

Can I start off with 1 question? I bought a wally world Savage Model 64 .22 last week. I've had it out and like its performance given that it's a cheap rifle with a cheap composite stock. 3" groups at 50 to 75 yds. is ok by me. Would like to put a similarly cheap scope on it, and see that people recommend a Simmons 3-9 x 32 for them. This does mean that I have to purchase the appropriate mounting plate for it, drill and tap into the receiver, and then mount the scope rings to the plate, right?
I have a buddy w/a nice drill press, so that is probably within reach...
Thanks, and I look forward to some good discussions on here!

GM

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome to the FTF community. :cool:

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
If it's not drilled and tapped or have the dovetail on it already then that is what you will have to do. But I would get someone to do it that knows what they are doing. I can't remember the last time I seen one of those and cannot remember if they had a dovetail or was already drilled. Most 22's I see these days have already been set up t put a scope mount on them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Welcome to the FTF GM. I dont have the answer for you but sure it wont be long till one or more arrives.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Welcome to the FTF. Enjoy.

·
Banned
6,261 Posts
Welcome to ftf!!! We have a nice .22 rifmire section. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts